Do women care about a guy name, would you date guy with a horribly ugly name?

I have very unique name and my parent chose it for me because in the country they came from only noble man usual receive this name.

in America my name gets laughed at or people make fun of it because its not "normal" in fact women always reject me because of my name.

its real annoying that people have a problem with my name.

if I change my name I could get way more job offers and dates , crushes. I should get a name like Jim Thomas but I will dishonor my country man.

I was specifically named after a tyrant king from middle ages who Americans don't even know about, My parent gave the name in hopes of me doing great things and to become a leader !

famous ruler is what my name means

Most Helpful Girl

• Your name does hold a lot of weight and for many, it literally does affect the trajectory of their lives. Names do mean something. No one would take a hard core rapper named Tweety seriously.

You could change your name, but that's a bit drastic. Have you considered giving yourself a nick name? For example, if it were Hitler, (I don't know, that's just the worst I can come up with) You could introduce yourself as Harry. Only once you've gotten to know them better and you trust them do you tell them your full name. You don't have to hide the fact that you hate your name or that you're using a nick name. You just reserve the right to let them know on your terms.

And make sure that you're not putting out negative energy. Obviously, your name is affecting you negatively. A lot of times we sabotage our chances of success from the start because we expect to be mistreated or denied.

Think positively, use a nick name and tell them your name when you're ready.

Hope this helped.

What Girls Said 16

• Radek isn't a horrible name, it sounds nice. even if a guy did have a horrible name or an amazing name like The Hulk I'm going to call him by a pet name anyway, it wouldn't affect me dating him as a name is an unimportant part of a relationship

• but saying a lot people arond here make fun of it

• theres your answer then :) its not really about your name its about the personalities of others and how they can instantly say something stuck up to someone

• also my filling fall out so toth is broken so not thinking about girl intill have that fixed lo

• I have a rare name, my boyfriend too. I think I would care a little about it and I would probably find a nickname instead.

The thing is, your parents have to think about your future. Giving a "horribly ugly name" can be be pretty bad for a kid's future.

• If someone actually liked YOU they won't care about your name. They may be rejecting you for other reasons unfortunately.

• But, if you change your name to Jim Thomas, no one would respect you as a rapper...

• How do you even come up with these stuff? Like seriously is there a secret to it?

• It's not ugly. It's not an Anglo name that's for sure.

Although being named after a tyrant...probably shouldn't tell people that.

• well lol what else is a king or ruler? lol I'm being blunt

• "Czeck form of Roderick, meaning "famous ruler".

Radek is also a pet form of various Slavic names beginning with the element 'rad' meaning "happy", such as Radomir or Radoslav."

• Whats your name?

• Yes if they have a boring sounding name or a weird one. Forget it.

• One of the links you sent me had your name in it. Since you're polish I don't see anything wrong with it. It's just not an American name

• no

• just tell us what your name is lol. you might just find a girl that thinks its super cute!

• my names Radek and people around hate names that sound so unfamiliar . Have you already chosen a name for your future guy? well most girls like Brandon

• I heard that even beyonce hate her name...

• Thank you lovely girl

• Change your name to Mandingo

A lot of girls with flock to you

• Your poor grammar, low self-esteem, tendency to blame things outside of your control on your failures (can't get a job/girlfriend because of your name), and the fact that from your picture you look like you're balding and in your late 40s and you're just not attractive. Your name has nothing to do with it.

• Im not bolding and I'm not in my 40s and ask agent she said I look younger then my age

• besides that I will also be modeling.

• I don't care, your grammar is horrendous. Not just that, you must not have a firm grasp on the English language, because the way you phrase things is just strange. Your first comment makes no sense and has no relevance to my comment. What I said still stands. Your name is the least of your concerns.

• Are you POSITIVE women are rejecting you because of your name?

If I met a guy who had a weird name but I was very attracted to him and felt a connection with him, his name wouldn't matter.

• karl Hungus

• Generally women don't care

What Guys Said 4

• What is your name is it Rufus, And secondly, If a girl thought your name was ugly or weird she might be turned off It might make her think that you come from a weird background, Or she might think that it is sexy depending on the individual

• Change your name to Wilbur . You'll get all the girls then.

• Kumar what is that 5 O's 2 U's?

• Uuuuhhh, people in the United States are laughing at your name?

The nation where the name "John" can also mean a penis

The very same people that have had a president with the name "Bush" and a vice president with the 'name' "Dick?! The very same vice president that shot a guy!

And the very same people that impeached a president just because he got a blowjob from a girl in his office; which didn't effect his work at all - not negatively at least (he!, I would have told the nation to mind their own darn business; I applaud him for lying about such an intrusive question into his personal life)

link

Tell them to go crawl back into the hole they came from

(heck, I almost forgot about "Tricky Dick"!)

• Stupid link; here's another one that hopefully works: link

Heck, even Bill Clinton's nickname was Slick Willie (according to this Wikipedia page: link

• trickyd***but loook at ways people can beacher Radek