Is it alright to date my ex girlfriends sister?

Here is the deal. We had a mutual break up and we both agreed it wasn't going to work out. We didn't fight or say we will never speak to one another. Now I have become friends with her sister and she seems kind of flirty. I am thinking of asking her out but I also think this might be awkward for the two of them. Is this a bad idea?

Ok this was pretty much unanimous sorry I thought it was worth a thought

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a very very bad idea. Not only will you be the victim most likely in the end you will tear sisters apart. I don't know if you have siblings but if your brother dated your ex how would you feel? And they are girls so imagine that being 10 times worse. There's a strict unwritten code about dating your family members ex no matter the situation. Family is blood and nothing is suppous to go against that. Of the sister is smart she would reject you but some siblings are traders so you never know. You don't wanna be that guy. There's many girls in the world that I bet you could date. I can promise you no matter who dumped who she will jot be OK with that. I wouldn't even let my friends date my exs let alone my sisters. But thankfully for me my sisters no better.

What Girls Said 8

• It sounds like it would be awkward for everyone involved. An ex-boyfriend of mine once started hitting on my little sister and she shut him down hard and fast, and it was weird to even think about the fact that he tried that, I can't imagine what it would have been like if she had actually been interested in him.

You can date whoever you want but sometimes it just isn't practical to get into situations like this.

• Please don't do that. Even if a breakup is mutual, it can still hurt when the other person moves on. It would be even worse if your ex had to watch you date her sister. Plus it would be super weird if you were intimate with your ex and then did the same stuff with her sister. I hate to be frank but find a different girl... seriously.

• Awkward? Try disastrous, I'm talking Titanic hitting that ice burg disastrous. Best case scenario, the sister goes out with you and your ex tears you and her a new one. Worst case scenario, the sister is actually loyal, tells your ex and the team up to tear you a new one a shove your bits throw said no whole. So um...bad idea, yes me think so.

• So uncool. Who's next aunt betty

• Do NOT do it, messed up. Think about the trouble it would cause them ouch.

• I say go for it. You're young so screw it! You never know, she could be the one you marry!

• Don't go there

• Bad idea. Even if you and your ex girlfriend are on good terms, it can definitely make it awkward between her and her sister and the family down the road. I'd set your sights on someone else.

What Guys Said 2

• yeah, it just makes things awkward for the two of them especially if your hanging with her at their house. its possible that things would be fine but its really just a bad idea, regardless best of luck to you whatever your choice is!

• Real Q/A's from real people! Don't do it! Just say no man.