Talking About His Ex

There's this guy I'm getting to know whom I really like a lot. He likes me too but we aren't dating. We've been talking every day for the past month, sometimes for almost 2 hours a day, and he's become pretty special to me. He tells me about his past relationships and why they didn't work and that's fine with me because I get to know him better. The problem is that there are 2 particular exes he finds the need to bring up every few days and it makes me think he's not over them because why mention them anymore? He's already told me their stories so why does he repeat them so much? I told him it made him sound like he's not over them and he said he was completley over them but that he's very open and that when he's persuing something with someone new he likes to tell them all about his past and be honest about everything of his past relationship. I already know the story (after hearing it like 5 times, trust me I get it) and it's starting to really piss me off whenever he starts talking about them. Is there any way to tell him this without seeming jealous? He's not my boyfriend and I have no right, I know that but it's so annoying. He also has a habit of saying when he finds girls attractive. I don't know what his deal is with me. I mean, we haven't even gone on a date or kissed or anything yet he constantly tells me how much he likes me. I just don't want to feel like I may be wasting my time because honestly I want to be with him but I will not pressure him into anything. I want him to be 100% ready for us. Also it's important to factor in that if we do date, it'd be long distance. Meaning, we'd see each other weekends only. Insight please.

Most Helpful Guy

• After talking with you that long and not asking you out yet, it sounds like he isn't ready.

And about the annoying ex stories, he won't like it if you ask him to stop, even if you ask nicely. So, either don't ask him and just keep tolerating it, or ask him and be prepared for him to be upset about it.

What Guys Said 1

• On the one hand you ain't over the exes, but on the other that means he ain't over his exes, meaning he falls and stays down. Might be good for you two if he goes for ya, but there's danger, like a minor league baseball team that can lose their best player when the big leagues call. Ain't saying you aren't a big leaguer, just saying he might have his ear to the phone and his heart in the past. Seems like a tightrope for you.

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah he def isn't over the exes. He may be using you as a shoulder to cry on you also could be his rebound girl be very careful how emotionally detached you become long distance relationships cause problems. If he is telling you now how attractive other girls are he may see you as a friend. I would just be straight forward with him >> ask him if he wants a relationship or not tell him that's what you are ready for and if he is not on the same page with you then you need to move on with your life it may be hard to do since you like him but don't spend all your time fighting for him when you re only going to see him on the weekends anyway>>> HOPE I COULD HELP!