I've gotten my heart broken alot... should I continue dating or be alone for a while?

After a pattern of heartbreaks I decide to take a long break from dating. I want this time alone to heal and to see what I keep doing wrong. Obviously this is not the best time to meet someone but unexpectedly I met this guy. I'm so scared of dating again. He's being nice & "understanding" (too early to tell if its all an act or not) but because I've been hurt so much I refuse to let my walls come down. i.e : he asked me if I wanted to go to the school library to study 4 an exam but I made up some excuse. I'm trying to avoid him because I'm scared of getting close & being hurt. I've already told him I'm focus on school & don't want to date right now he says that's understanding.but he still txt me & say he wants to get to know me. do I sound like I need to let go of the past & give yet another guy a chance or is it too soon (last breakup was a few months ago & I'm not 100% healed but getting there) & I need to be alone for now?

Most Helpful Guy

• This isn't an either/or choice. If you need time to recover from the last relationship, then take it. If this guy truly is understanding, he will certainly understand that. If he pressures you to act against your best interests, then his motives are suspect. He may offer "friendship" and you would have to decide if that is a good idea or not. You may want to ask him if you can contact him later when you are ready for more.

In your past relationships, do you find that the guys are much alike? If so, it could be that you are attracted to a certain type who is not good for you. Alternatively, you might have certain weaknesses that a certain guy finds easy to exploit. If you can find the pattern, you can learn which sort of guys to avoid.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Don't jump into relationships. It's seems like you have been hurt badly in the past and every time that happened you need some kind of time to get back on your feet. Now this doesn't mean that you should cut out dating out of your life but maybe relationships. Now dating and relationships are not the same so remember that. If you are into him but are scared to be heartbroken take time. Time is your best friend. Don't jump into anything head first. Now some people might say yes! Jump head first into a shark filed tank for love but because you have a past I recommend you don't :)

• Maybe you don't need to take a break but reconsider how you are in relationships.

Ifyou've had your heart broken multiple times maybe you're rushing things or investing too much too soon.

Have you heard of "love addiction" ? Maybe you have that.

• i think you need some time to mull things over in your head don't rush into anything until you are healed