Is that a date or is she just being nice?

I ask a girl I really like out for coffee to get to know her better. She agreed and I payed for hers and mine. How do I know if she likes me (instead of just being kind) and was that a "date?"

Most Helpful Guy

• She knew it was a date. A girl isn't stupid. If you were a girl and a guy asked you out for coffee and then paid for your drink, would you think that he just wants to be friends.

as far as her liking you, the surefire way you will find out is when you ask her out again.

What Girls Said 1

• no that wasn't a date.

What Guys Said 2

• I would say, "I really enjoyed getting to know you. Can I take you out again, this time for a dinner date?" I have found that guys never just ask for a date anymore. And girls like when you do it because it shows them that you are bold and go after what you want. And when I use the word date, there is no question about what type of relationship we are moving toward.

• I would not really clasify that as a date ... but truth be told she likes you and was not just being kind. Remember ... she took time out of her day to have coffee with you and get to know you !

How much does she like you ? and how far of relationship? Only time will tell !

• We went off campus during lunch so she really didn't go out of her way. We have done this twice. Should I ask her on a date or for her number or something?

• Off campus or not ! she still took time in her day to spend with you (long or short) ... ask her to see a movie or something ... Its time to take this girl on a REAL DATE ...LOL