Guys what do you look for in a future spouse?

I'm turning 22 next month and I've never really been too great in the dating scene. I've had 3 boyfriends in my lifetime and have dated maybe 5. My longest relationship has been my current one which is now going on.. one year and 8 months. I've gotten to that point in the relationship where I need to know if this is real or if I am just the person to keep him busy until he finds someone else. How do I know he is thinking about us seriously or if this is just something comfortable in his life he doesn't feel like changing. What do most guys want in a wife?

Most Helpful Guy

• I usually want someone who can handle their own in life and take responsibility for their actions, someone mature but at times childish as-well. A woman who is family oriented, believes in equality and doesn't make the male do everything for her such as cooking, laundry, I'd rather do it with her or at least take turns doing it. Affectionate between me and our own family, showing a lot of support for me and love, and someone who has her priority's straight in a way. That's a good basis of what I want to have in a wife when I do get one.

• what kind of priorities?

• It would be basically what she wants in life mostly. That's my main concern and point I want, how she wants to approach it, and achieve it.

What Guys Said 2

• It depends on the guy. For me personally I want a woman that wants a large family and is family oriented, is well educated, and can cook a decent meal. Looks wise as long as she has a cute face and is not super overweight I'm happy. For me, looks are much less important than shared values and interests. For example I love traveling new places and doing things outdoors like hiking and kyacking and I would want to do those things with my wife.

• Do you think you'd compromise on certain things? What kind of sacrifices do you think are necessary in order for a relationship to flourish? Since I'm in a LDR I feel like one of us needs to move to where the other is.. but how do you even decide something like that? Do you think there are certain roles woman and men have? I feel the need to be pursued, but at the same time is it fair to expect him to quit his job and chase after me? How would you go about pursuing a woman if you were in a LDR?

• We are 3000 miles away from each other and I'm moving to FL within the next couple months and he could find a job there most likely. I agree! I just can't move for at least another 2 years because of schooling.. so the ball is kind of in his court now.

• where the hell does this guy live! Russia? lol

• Each person has his/her own preferences. While I want to say that in early days most guys and girls look for physical perfections, they really don't matter THAT much. I would rather want to be with an average looking supportive, cooperative and sincere girl than a super top model who is arrogant and opens her mouth without even thinking what to say. So yes, a girl with whom I have mental compatibility or good chemistry.

• Is romance an important component? Do you look for balance in the relationship too? Like initiating certain things.. or leadership in the relationship?

• What about entering in the comfortable stage in a relationship, where the newness is gone and the flames that were once a passionate burst of heat sizzle to a small flickering flame? Do you think this is a sign of trouble or just laziness within the relationship? When do you decide that this person is right for you? Do you base it on a feeling?

• Flickering flames mean that somewhere something is not right.

It means both of you need space and reconsider what is going on in your relationship.You want to admit your mistakes, if any, if you value your relationship (this goes for him as well).

So out and out, sometimes SPACE serves well. Reconsider what was wrong all along?

What Girls Said 1

• someone they can't live without