Have you ever dated someone and disliked their family?

I have and I am relieved that I will never have to deal with those people again. His parent's were very judgmental and never made me feel welcome. My family accepted my ex with open arms. He was loved by everyone. Meanwhile, his parents made me feel beneath them. Anyways, Have you ever had to tolerate family members in order to be with someone special?

Most Helpful Girl

• At the moment, yes. Its really my first time where I can't stand my boyfriend's parents. My ex's parents I love their character. Most of my dislike towards them has to do with how my boyfriend talks of them- passive aggressive and uncaring. My boyfriend has pectus and he told me a story how he would always have to tell them over and over again to take him to the hospital. There would be times he wouldn't have food to eat. I can understand they were in the lower class but the fact is that they didn't do all they could to take care of him. He had to take care of himself. Till this day, they barely even call him to see how he is doing...just a email.

He also needs to get a cat scan and blood thinning meds yet his mother took him off his policy. After convincing that he really has been having heart problem they put him back on again. This isn't like saying "oh its just a flu, take some nyquil" its a condition that needs regular checkups.It breaks my heart how neglectful they are towards my boyfriend..hes not like everyone with normal health, its like they gave up on him because they figure he won't live long.

What Guys Said 3

• My girlfriend's parents are super liberal and very religious. While they're very nice to me, they say stuff about people that could easily be me that is very judgmental or offensive, which is pretty annoying. I feel like I won't be very close to them, even if I can get along with them.

• My ex girlfriend came from a redneck family with a lot of serious issues. I would not have cared but their issues effected our relationship. It's sad to see her going in the same direction, she does not like her family and moved away recently but she is making mistakes that will end up putting her right back in the same situation she was trying to avoid. :(

• Yes definitely had that problem and it usually puts a big strain on the relationship. It's hard to stay together unless they are estranged from their family

What Girls Said 2

• Been there. Couldn't stand my ex's family too but they have their good qualities too. Maybe we are just not used to the way they are because it looks as if they are dysfunctional compared to our own family but every family have thier own unique qualities that others viewing from the outside can't understand. I was glad I didn't have to put up with my ex and his family anymore after we broke up. It did affect our relationship although my ex didn't like being around his family that much either but I could see certain traits he have which reflects back on his upbringing. Anyhow, count your blessings :)

• Fock that.. who does that to someone? Not someone that I'd want to be around lol.. reallyy are you so conceited that you think you're better than someone so you make them feel bad? F U... people like that make me sick to my stomach .. and make me laugh. weird.