Why would you not text someone back?

Is there any particular reason you'd not text someone back?

For example, if you're not interested in them.

A guy who I thought was my friend hasn't even bothered to text me back and I'm just confused :S.

• Not interested in them
  • Busy
  • Don't like to text
  • Other (please state)

Most Helpful Girl

• For me it's many reasons. Like if I've had problems with someone and they send me a text, I just won't reply.

Or for example an ex who is just hurting you, would rather just ignore him.

If someone like a friend, only texts me just when he/she wants to, I'll ignore it.

As for your case, that has happened to me before. I had a best guy friend who would ignore my texts and only text me when he wanted to or when he had a problem. We were really cool before, but he started acting like that when he got in relationships, and that's what pissed me off because that's not right. So perhaps that's what's happening with your friend. Next time he texts you, don't reply and if he tells you something, let him know why and talk to him about it.

• Yes same thing, hurts quite a lot!

What Guys Said 2

• i love to text but a lot of times I'm busy or its taking up to much of my time. or I don't hear it. mostly though, I hate texting day and night and day especially if I haven't seen the girl. if you spend all your time texting, having a real conversation is hard and awkward for some reasons, and you've already rifled through 90% of your conversation topics. I also hate forcing a conversasion to move onward. if there's nothing to be said, or if the girl gives me nothing to go on, or if we get to the end of a topic ill take the opportunity and just let that be it. I don't do "so how was your days", "whatchya up to"s, or anything else like that. at least not very often

• I don't text but if I did I would likely not text back if I felt it was going no where. I have talked with women online where it the convo is one sided, you try to get them to speak but all they can say is yes or no.

What Girls Said 9

• busy, not interested, doesn't know what to say

• Busy, text not warranting an answer, you may have not pressed send, looked at it quickly and meant to reply later but forgot.

Iphones are also having issues getting all texts lately...

• If I'm not interested or if they keep asking the same questions over and over

• u should talk to him in person to see what's up... but my guess is he's either really busy, having personal problems, or just not interested in being your friend for some reason... usually I'm just not in the mood to have a conversation or I'm busy

• Usually forget my phone in purse and forget to check it.

• a lot of times I just forget...

• Usually A or B.

• I too struggle with this question and it could honestly be any of those reasons in the poll. It all depends on how they act towards you face to face.

• he's not interested