A**hole ex changed into the perfect man.. second chance?

So my ex and I broke up in April we were dating for about 8 months. I broke up with him because I caught him private messaging other girls (some were girls he used to date before me), he would also continuously comment on girls pics saying how gorgeous and beautiful they are etc. A couple of months later we had tried to work things out but right before we went to Europe (separately). We lost contact whilst on holidays. I began to date other guys and was starting to get over him. He also did tell me that he made out with at least a hundred girls whilst he was there but apparently did nothing sexual. A month or so later from arriving home, he has completely switched and turned into a different person. Showering me with gifts begging me to give him another chance.. pretty much acting like the perfect guy. I still love him but I'm afraid this is all an act because he knows he can't have me at the moment. Should I just forget about it and move on?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because he's suddenly treating you nice doesn't necessarily mean he's changed his ways. Maybe at the moment he feels like he really needs or cares about you but who knows how long it will be before he goes back to the way he was, he sounds like he can't stay committed and really enjoys fooling around. Personally I wouldn't give him a second chance but that's something you need to decide for yourself.

• thank you :) you definitely have a point. He can't be trusted that's for sure!

• Yeah it doesn't seem like it! I'm sorry he's been so complicated and everything. Try to move on, find someone else who is loyal and loving :)

What Guys Said 4

• Takes more than a month for someone to change, he just sounds like a completely transparent manipulator. Talking about all the girls he made out with? Sounds like he wants to make you think he could get any girl and draw you back in. Didn't work so now he tries to act like a new man and coax you back with gifts and promises.

Give him a few years to actually mature before you decide he is really changed and give him another go.

• I complained to little...when I did, it was for her benefit (as she would do to me). When she and I split, she changed everything on the outside that I disliked...she looks amazing... however, you can't fix bitch. Looking get everyone is the way they are for a reason...but there are some things you can't reach inside if she couldn't be or didn't want to be reached. It will be bets to move on. Good luck

• You're so young. It's cute. He's as transparent as day.

Of course you don't give the man a second chance; he hasn't had any time to genuinely change. Ah, youth.

• Cheaters are always cheaters.

What Girls Said 4

• "Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time. It is regret for the things we did not do that's inconsolable." - Sydney Harris

Considering the quote above I'd give him another chance if I really liked him. Although I'd tread very carefully & do so without making myself too vulnerable. In other words be cautious and take it slow. Given enough time, he'll reveal his true colors.

• love that! I appreciate your input! I can tell he is trying to change but its a very difficult decision.. don't know if I can get over the past

• He hasn't changed.

If you take him back after the novelty wears off he'll go back to his old ways. He hasn't had enough time or reason to change.

• It's way more likely that he's just playing nice for now in order to win you back.

• "pretty much acting like the perfect guy"

Key word here is: "acting"

Just because he seems like he did a 180 doesn't mean he really has. If you want to give him another shot, go for it, but tread VERY lightly.