Why would my boyfriend keep his dating profile?

We've been together "officially" for about 7months, but were talking/seeing each other for over 2years before we decided to get "serious".

I knew about his online dating profiles before we got together and he told me that if he had a girlfriend he would for sure delete them. So here we are, together and he told me he would delete it but you know, female intuition kicks in so I check and he was on an hour ago! WTF?

My question is, are these dating sites (like tagged, skout, etc.) just fun for men or are they really trying to find other girls to meet? I've given him plenty of chances and time to delete this as he knows it hurts me, but I guess it's safe to say he just doesn't care, right?

Is this something to end a relationship over?

Most Helpful Girl

• well OK I can't speak for him but I will tell you my situation maybe it will help you . I am married and I had a tagged page before I got married .. and I still have one now that I go on all the time . before I was with someone I would go on there trying to see If I could meet someone to date sometimes I did sometimes I didn't but I met a few friends . now that I am married I probably should not have the page at all but I do .. I am not trying to cheat or looking to cheat but I do talk to people on there but nothing serious . most people on tagged don't got a whole lot to say in the first place lol.. so basically I don't want to cheat but its fun to see that if I really wanted to I have options .. that's why people in relationships keep there date page ( Facebook is diff. ) he might not want to or is cheating on you but he likes to have his freedom to have options ...now really I can see why you would be mad at that .. you got tw options .. either tell him to delete it and see that he does . ( and he will prob just make new account ) if it bothers you that bad then make a page and add some friends put up a fake pic and make it look like a real person other then you and talk to him and see what he is up to .. yeah that's playing games but hey you got right to know what he is doing on there. its either that or break up if he don't delete it . you gave him chances to delete it before and he didn't .. that tells you right there that there is a reason he don't want to .. find out what that reason is. then go from there

• I actually did make an account a couple months ago like that. I flirted with him on there for just a couple days and he actually did say he wanted to "meet up with me". I told him that the girl he was talking to was a friend of mine and that I was very hurt and didn't want to be with him anymore. We had a talk about it and he deleted it and I gave him another chance. Do you joke and tell men you'd like to meet them?

• Nope, sure don't. I don't think you can trust him. I would end it.

• NO .. I don't do that .. if I was making plans to meet it would be for real .. HE IS KEEPIN HIS profile to meet people on the side .. girl he is keeping his options open so he can cheat on you .. I would move on for sure !

What Guys Said 2

• If he's still using it actively then I'd say you have legitimate reasons not to trust him. Maybe he just got an email from the site and clicked it and it took him there? But there's no reason that he should be using it if he's happy.

You're not over reacting, ask him point blank about it in person. Let him know how serious this is for you. You're 7 months into a relationship with a guy you've known for years. If it was the first couple of months with someone who was previously a stranger, that would be one thing. I would probably end it if he's actually using it and it wasn't just a fluke. If it was just a one time thing, I would have him log in and prove it. If he's sending messages and whatnot, end it. That's ridiculous.

• So he could cheat on you behind your back

What Girls Said 2

• it should not be still up..

• Honestly, I'd end it.