If you went on a dinner date, would you share your food with the person you're dating?

Lets say you and your lover went out to eat, and y'all ordered something different, if your date ask if he or she could try some of the food that you ordered, would you share it with your date?

The reason why I asked this question cause I saw an episode of "What Would You Do" where a strange woman was asking random customers can she have some of their food, when the camera people came out to let them know it was all part of a joke, one of the female customers said (I don't share my food even with my own husband) I didn't like what she said.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course I would! I usually expect the guy to pay if it's a first date, so OF COURSE he can eat whatever he wants off my plate, it's the least I can do. I used to always share my food at any restaurant with my ex. It was the point of ordering different plates, after all! I hate when people say stuff like "One thing about me is that I don't EVER share my food. It doesn't matter if it's my boyfriend or whatever, I just don't let anyone touch it". I find that so narcissic. I mean, my food doesn't transform into pure gold once it hits my plate. Food is food, people are hungry and sometimes I don't mind giving a bite to a friend if she/he wants to try it or if he/she is starving. It's nearly like gum - you can't have it without expecting others around you to want a piece too.

• @ update

Well I wouldn't share my food with a STRANGER, but with my husband OF COURSE, all the time!

What Girls Said 11

• A bite or two, sure. I can rarely finish an entree myself anyways. But I don't want him eating my whole dinner haha. He should have gotten his own!

• I don't see that as a problema... unless my date is germphobic or has some serious case of OCD then I think that food tasting should be standard procedure to weed out anal retentive people.

• Of course I would. I don't see why anyone wouldn't. Just refer to the episode of friends where Joey doesn't share food and it backfires in his face

• Random person no chance in hell but friend, boyfriend, family of course well I like to avoid family cause my mother and brothers always steal my fries

• Try some? sure, like a taste. But to constantly food from my place? No. If you want something order it

• link

But seriously, I don't think others appreciate it when you ask for their food. I don't mind if he asks, as long as he doesn't keep grabbing for more. But I just assume that he only wants to eat what he orders.

• my mind immediately goes to him too! Guess we now know which guy doesn't share food!

• Well I tend to have a pretty low appettite, so I think sharing the food and being romantic will be fun. But if it's sushi, no way! I love sushi to much and I'd have to like a guy pretty well if I were to share sushi with him.

• potentially. first date it's kinda weird. would definitely have to be OFFERED some before helping oneself

• Depends. I would not share my food with a vegetarian... ;-)

• i would

• I would. I don't see why not.

• @update, why do you always act like a victim?

• Are you talking to me?

What Guys Said 8

• yes. I've always offered to share my food on almost all my dinner dates, whether it was a first date with a girl or the 400th date with my ex-gf. I love sharing food with those I care about.

• Sure. When I order something that turns out really tasty, I frequently offer to share as well, my whole family had been this way for as long as I remember. Taking food without asking is a big no-no, though (unless it's something like French fries).

• "let's say you and your lover..."

that's where it ends. if she's my lover, I'll share everything. no question about it.

• some people do and some people don't

• Definitely, but if I'm willing to date someone, I've typical already accepted the fact I should not be disgusted by their germs. Lol. I wouldn't share my food with just anyone, but I have no trouble sharing with girls I like, rather as good friends or more.

• I'm like Joey from Friends when it comes to my food. I order the amount of food that I will eat and if you want some I will be more than happy to order extra but it's JOEY'S FOOD!

• No. My date has their own food and they should eat that. I already paid for it for goodness sake. And a stranger? No F no.

• The girl I would then be dating: Absolutely

A random stranger: Only when hell freezes over