Why do men create fake profiles on dating sites?

I've noticed the only men who contact me want to go directly to private email. Even if we are on a free dating site that has email and chat. It seems sneaky to me. After the initial contact, there profiles disappear. What do men think?

Most Helpful Guy

• OK the ones going after private emails are scammers. They aren't the person they are in the picture at all and they usually use a hottie or a cutie. There are fake women profiles doing this too to scam guys. What they do when you email the private email is one of a few things.

Many of them try to get you to sign up to another fake dating site.

Others try to get you emailing them enough to have feelings then make up a story where they need you to send them money.

The reason the profiles disappear is because people report the profile and the people working for the website take the profile down.

What Guys Said 2

• If they are fake profiles, who says they are men?

• There are fake women's profiles that do that too. and usually is is spammers.

What Girls Said 8

• Ugh. My mom has a coworker who did this with his girlfriend. They'd create a profile then find a girl, exchange emails for long enough that she had feelings invite her somewhere then stand her up while laughing at her across the restaurant :(

• They're only after quickies or trolling. It happened to me a few times when I still used dating sites. A guy sends me a message, I read it the day after, but then his account has already been deleted.

• I've done the same to troll people.

• They are usually perverts trying to get pics from women.

• They are interested in talking about sex and trading pictures.

• because they want to talk about sex

• For attention

• There will always be people on the internet who enjoying trolling websites and causing problems for other users trying to honestly use the sites.