How long till you go from dating to relationship?

I feel so impatient. Seems like guys drag on the whole casual dating for so ling before they actually decide they want a relationship. How long do you usually wait before deciding you want to be exclusive with a girl and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• depends on the girl... well, really depends on where I'm at in my own life.

When I was younger, I dated around and never thought of exclusiveness. I was just one giant horndog. In fact, I didn't even take the girl I was dating for 2 months out for Valentine's day because I asked another girl out. =\ shitty, I know...

My only real relationship, I knew I wanted to be exclusive after about a half year. =\ But I was 24 years old. Now I'm 29 and I think I'd make that decision to be exclusive a lot faster, as it's something I desire more - to establish a strong relationship to last.

What Guys Said 9

• By two dates I'm either in or I'm out. I don't believe in dating multiple people simultaneously. But then again I've never really dated someone I didn't already know to some degree. So I've never had to deal with dating when people are exploring other options at the same time. I expect I'd feel pretty weird if they were.

I see a lot of people talking about how they dated for a couple months before getting serious. That idea is totally foreign to me. Boggles my mind lol. What a waste of time if it amounts to nothing

• I don't date. It goes from friends to relationship. Or talk a bit and meet once and then ask her out. It's pretty obvious if you like someone enough to want to be with them.

• I move really fast in this regard...after 1-2 dates I want exclusivity. I don't like being strung along while she dates other guys at the same time.

I like to be exclusive WHILE getting to know her, knowing we are EXCLUSIVELY focused on one another.

• If you want to be more serious bring it up

don't expect him to have to do it.

dont make it awkward just ask "do you want things to be more serious with us?"

• Well I actually told him I can't have sex unless I'm exclusive with someone. We've done other things just not gone all the way. So I'm just waiting on him now, I'm just worried he never decides, or that maybe I'm waisting my time hoping and should just enjoy him more as a casual date, not get my hopes up.

• all I have to give on that is that saying "here is the line" is not the same as asking

"do you want to cross it"

most guys arn't very... aware. if you leave room to miss something, its a good bet that we will.

• Hmmm... Well I'm a bit old fashion in the sense that I like the guy to make the first move in that percpective. If he wants to be with me, I'm sure he will let me know.

• Its hard to know when to move it forward. The ultimate goal of the relationship is to get married, and if we mess that up then we are basically doomed. I've waited about 6 months before I decided to get serious. Once we start, the only way to get out is to break up, and then we get blamed for it. Sorry if I sounded a little harsh, kinda tired right now.

• well with dating , I need to be good looking to be seen as worthy by women so I am yet human trash becuase no woman wants me (even as a friend)

relationship is like heaven to us , we can dream about how wonderful it is , but we know that we will never reach that level becuase women don't want unnatractive guys

• I haven't managed to move successfully from dating to relationship phase before. But something like half a year would be good.

It's not really so much 'getting to know her' than actually pacing. I want to pace the relationship so that I don't overwhelm myself with commitment levels or affection levels that I might not be able to give.

By the 2-3rd date, I'll already be crazy over her, but my feelings are always having a roller coaster, so I tell myself to give myself time to get used these feelings.

• After the first or second date I know.

• Takes 3 minutes maybe even 4

What Girls Said 0