Dating outside my race, what should I do?

Hey you guys. I am just curious to know if I should pursue this girl in my English class (College). She's cute and we both make each other happy. The problem is that I am Black and she's white. This will be a big shock to my family because my whole family is African American. So really what am asking is do you guys have any advice on dating outside your race

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, (and please don't take offense to this) since it's 2013 I'm pretty sure it won't bother them much. And, you just have to remember that the only difference between you (being black) and the girl (being white), is your skin color (cliche answer, yes). I mean, yes, some of your culture will be different (and that might be a bit of a shock), but probably not too much (unless you come from completely different areas). So, I guess my best advice with dating outside of your race is to leave race out of the equation. I'm not saying be color blind (or, whatever the term is), but don't let the fact that you're different races factor into your relationship.

What Girls Said 2

• Find out if she's religious or from a strict family and start from there.

• Good luck..

What Guys Said 1

• You should do the same thing as a relationship with anyone else - enjoy it and see where it goes.