Would you date a person from high school that wants you now but didn't want you back then?

Hi All,

I graduated high school 15 years ago. There is a girl I graduated with that had no interest in me during high school but has asked me out recently.

She was a gorgeous cheerleader back then but now she is past her prime, out of shape, and doesn't look nearly as good as she used to look. She has been through one marriage and a couple of kids.

I am single and very fit (I was a late bloomer). I take care of myself and work as a personal trainer part time in addition to running a financial firm. I have been content with staying single because I've never had an issue finding attractive women to date.

I feel insulted that this girl did not show interest in me during her prime. I feel insulted that it took this girl to be past her prime and in a rough place to show interest in me.

The power has shifted in my favor since I'm still in my prime and she is no longer in hers. I now have the Power to Accept or Decline.

Should I nicely decline and not tell her why I'm declining (If I can)?

Or, Should I decline her and tell her I'm declining because its too late to show interest in me, see will never be good enough, she is way past her prime, and I want nothing to do with kids?

Or, Should I lead her on?

What would you do if you are still in your prime and have the Power to Accept or Decline? Honest answers please. Thanks!

Update on something I forgot to add. I tried to talk to her (to get to know her) in HS but she said she wasn't interested.

Most Helpful Girl

• she didn't show interest in you,you can't expect people to just go around hitting on everyone even if they're not attracted to them. she did nothing wrong. if you're not attracted to her,just politely decline. it's easy to feel vengeful because of high school crap-but that's all it is,high school crap. get over it.

• But I really want to teach her a lesson so bad. She is the kind of girl that has never been told No.

• I told her that she is way past her prime, used and damaged goods with a ton of baggage. I told her that I only date women when they are in their peak. I can't wait until I send her a picture with me and my beautiful date on Saturday night.

• I sent her a picture of me and my beautiful date from Saturday Night!

What Girls Said 4

• Sure - some people change their personalities drastically in a period of months - so I definitely would forgive somebody who rejected me or made fun of me 12 years ago. I can sometimes forgive that for even 3-6 months of repentance.

• I destroyed her during lunch today! I lead her on during texting last night. Then, built her up during lunch. Then, told her "I'm not Interested" just as she told me 15 years ago. I told her that she will have to live the rest of her life knowing she blew her chance with me and will never be good enough.

• It sounds like you're not interested in her so you should decline. You should never "lead anyone on." I can see why you'd be somewhat offended but the divisions in high school are pretty stupid given they are reflections of our maturity at the time. No need to power trip about it.

• You're deliberately taunting this woman and it's mean. Very few people stay the same person they were 15 years back, particularly during their 20s when everyone's still maturing. If you had just told her how her behavior affected you many years ago she probably would have apologized but of course that would have taken maturity on your part. Your spiteful behavior says far more about you than about her. Grow up.

• I did tell her about her behavior in high school and she did apologize. But she reaps what she sows. She will live the rest of her life remembering how I burnt her, how she has messed up in life, and that she doesn't have a prayer with a rich good looking guy like me.

By the way, she and some of her high school friends have blocked me on Facebook. Mission Accomplished and Target Destroyed.

• This happens a lot to me now and the answer is NO I wont.It because they didn't accept me as who I am.I was unattractive during my school time.

So If I were you I would decline her in a nice way.No you don't have to give reason unless she asks you.

• Probably not. I got better tail to chase.

• Thanks! I do have better tail to chase on my date next Saturday Night (first date) with another girl. But I really want to teach her a lesson so bad. She is the kind of girl that has never been told No.

What Guys Said 2

• Lol no.

Or better yet accept her offer and then crush her spirits telling her she's crazy to think a guy as good looking as you would ever Want her.

• That is exactly what I want to do. Thanks for being honest! She is the kind of girl that has never been told No.

• No. And it is so satisfying to see them like that. Maybe I'm cruel or bitter, who fuckin cares. It's nice to have the tables turned once in a while.

• Thank you for being so honest! Finally a real man answer! I think she needs to know that she cannot ask out better looking guys and expect to be accepted.