He won me over, we're almost official. How do I seal the deal?

He texts me every morning before work. He texts me throughout the day at work. We basically message each other all day while I'm at uni. We always text each other quite a bit before bed too. We're been texting all day for the past 2 weeks. We've been on 3 dates so far. He's paid and travelled to my area for each date. He's told his roommate/best friend about me. I haven't met his friends yet and neither has he. I'm supposed to on the 21st as he invited me to his party at his place. We obviously haven't had sex (not planning to any time soon either).

Right now the timing is off cause I'm in my finals at uni. He's very encouraging. I can't wait to finish the semester and enjoy his company as much as I'd like and vice versa. He's 23 and hasn't been in a relationship since 1.5 years. I don't want to rush anything but this really feels right, so I'd like to make him mine around the end of this year. What's your output? I haven't found any dealbreaker, suspicious thing or setback about him whatsoever no matter how hard I tried and no matter how cynical and careful I am. I can't say that about any of the guys I've dated in the past!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, seeing as how things have got to the point they have, why would things not progress to that stage on their own? I don't see how you need to suddenly do something different to "seal the deal" when he's obviously not just some casual acquaintance...

• He'll meet at my friends on the 20th, I'll meet most of his on the 21st and we'll try to see each other again until then. Do you think I should flat out ask him if he sees me as his girlfriend the next time I see him? Cause I wonder if he'd introduce me as his girlfriend when we'll be in such circumstances. We struck up a conversation about his party by text tonight and he told me he'd have his arms around me the whole time. IMO that's ''Hey look at my gf'' territory, isn't it? I guess we're an item already lol

• It has nothing to do with titles. It has to do with the fact that I WAS indeed talking to a few guys at once and I have a profile online, so has he, so I wanna know if now I gotta be exclusive to him and dump all this online stuff crap. Cause I would, but I am just not sure where I stand. He calls me his girl and whatnot already, I guess I would like confirmation that's all.

• Then just ask him all of that

What Guys Said 7

• wtf is wrong with you people. We men are easy. Just have sex with us and don't lie there like a dead fish while doing it. Try to be an active participant. That's what guys mean when we talk about sealing the deal.

• I am the dead fish that can confirm this lol

• That's not what I meant. As I said, NOT gonna have sex with him any time soon. I haven't asked for sex advice, I asked about relationship advice, in case you didn't read anything I said.

• Why not just ask him to make it so? I clearly am bad at this because I always take the easy and most obvious route.

• Well, if you want to 'seal the deal.' Perhaps plan a nice, family party after your finals as celebration and invite him along to let everyone get to know each other. Have him bring some family if he likes. Talk with him about it, I mean if it feels right, you don't really have to stop or halt yourself from doing anything, but you are right to not rush it. So you could just have a 'Finals Over!' party and then ask the question. Until then, enjoy your time together. That's my theory and/or idea.

• Like some people have said... wut?

If you want to make it official just label it or some shit, guys aren't as hard to get along with as girls can be..

• What is the question? Just be you and let things happen.

• Make him feel good ;)

• Give him what he wants ;)

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly, if it feels right there should be nothing holding you back. Try to avoid googling 'signs' that the time is right and likewise, as every situation is different. You don't want to risk sending him the wrong message and letting him get away!

Wait till finals are over, invite him out for coffee or something else that's not too fancy yet intimate, and just bring it up. No reason why you can't propose the idea of him bring your boyfriend. Most boys actually love women who take initiative, good luck. :)

• Well...I can't tell you what to do...but I was in a similar situation...so here's what I did...I had never been in a relationship so I didn't know about this official stuff. When my now Boyfriend and I first started hanging out I thought we were dating...we went out to eat...to the museum...date stuff...then one day when I was about to leave he paused and then asked what I would say if he asked me out...to which I didn't really say anything...I said "I thought that's what we were doing"...then I just left...I realized later that he was really nervous when he asked me...so I called him on the phone the next day and basically told him I wanted us to be Boyfriend and GF...and that was that...we've been together ever since...months later...I found out that when he asked me out on a date...that meant becoming BF/GF to him...so there seem to be a lot of variations...

I say...just flat out ask him...if things are going well...he may be nervous to ask you and will probably be relieved you asked. I thought men like the chase...but I found out from my Boyfriend that a lot just don't...it's a stereotype...

• men are really not that hard to figure out.if you like him go for it. I do not know if he is talking to any other woman but if you do not mind asking him if the both of you are exclusive now do not be afraid to ask. it is better to know than to be hurt and surprised. Good luck though.

• Yeah I think I'll just do that. I think I know my answer already but I just don't like not being sure where I stand, that's all. Gosh some guys are posting such moronic answers, you'd like it's silly to want to know if a relationship is serious or not.