Single non custodial dad: Date women with kids of her own?

This is kind of a follow up to a question I already asked but didn't give enough coverage on one of the possible outcomes. I have a friend who suffered a break up shortly after they had a kid. He has been pursuing childless women without much luck. I told him he should try dating women with kids, because they are in the same "drama" boat sort of, and the pressure isn't on anymore for her to have her first born with a man who would also be his first born. He seems skeptical but sounds like he might be willing to try. Does this theory hold any merit?

• Yes, it would be easier to date a woman with kids.
    40% (2)33% (1)38% (3)Vote
  • No, even with kids of her own, that's still too much for a woman to handle.
    20% (1)0% (0)12% (1)Vote
  • Inconclusive, could go either way, depending on the woman.
    40% (2)67% (2)50% (4)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
6|2

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't date a man with kids but my friend is dating a man with a kid and cares for him as if he is her own blood, she is childless.

I know women with kids who simply don't date, I know women with kids who don't date men with kids, amd I know women with kids who date men with no kids, and I know women with kids who date other women.

So it really depends on the woman. But this guy may have other issues that repulse women away if he hasn't been able to find anyone. Personal reflection usually answers why someone is single, if they chose to be honest with themselves.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• As a woman with no kids, I wish my choices in men were better fitting to my lifestyle. My husband had a kid with his ex girlfriend at 21, its never worked for us. Most young women without kids don't dream of being 2nd, it just ruined my picture of what my life would be like. The relationship the man has with their child and their mother can make or break the new relationship. In my experience, my husband should have pursued a woman with a child to relate to on a deeper level. (Would have saved him much drama as well!)

0|0
    0|0
  • He has kids but he feels like he can't date women with kids? Women with kids probably look at him and some of them may turn him down because they don't want "drama". He should try it

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm divorced with three kids and won't date a man unless he has had kids. It's just my experience that someone who hasn't had kids can't relate as well to me.

Why does he prefer to date women who haven't had kids? Is it that he thinks a woman with kids doesn't want to have more kids in her life?

I think he would have better luck with a woman who has kids already. A woman without kids might be more intimidated because taking on kids when you have none can be scary. Plus, a woman without kids might want her own...is your friend ready to be a dad again?

0|0
    0|0
  • Either way. Depends on the person. I can see women with children being able to relate more though. Women who don't have any kids generally either don't want any yet or don't want any at all. Not many people want to raise someone else's kids.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't date people with kids

1|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 2

• They should be able to relate better to another parent but it's assuming both are responsible. The problem I notice with single parents sometimes is they they have ex issues and could still be fighting each other.

1|0
    0|0
  • as with any question re: girls/women - depends on the girl/woman.

0|0
    0|0