How do you sleep cuddling with your partner?

It's so uncomfortable after ~30 minutes if you are actually trying to sleep.

Do you stay cuddled sleeping or go your own separate way? If you stayed cuddled, please advise on me on how to do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the person. If there's strong chemistry, attraction, it feels smooth and unconfortable. If it's lacking a little, it can be a little awkward/uncomfortable pretty quickly. With my ex, we'd rarely spoon for a while. We'd pretty much go to sleep our separate ways and sometimes we'd touch each others' arm or whatnot, just to stay connected somehow. I remember one night I had with a guy I was casually seeing. We had made out for a long while, he ate me out and fingered me, I barely touched him down there though. I absolutely refused to reciprocate anything too heavy duty cause I didn't feel comfortable, as he wasn't my boyfriend. We cuddled for a long while until we actually tried to sleep. He was spooning me, crossing his arms on my stomach and holding my breasts kind of. It was so warm, like a full body hug. I fell asleep right there cause he really were like 2 peas in a pod. You know, when the bodies are perfectly aligned and it just feels like you're meshed together. That was it. I would have slept for a while if he hadn't woken up like 2 hours later cause he was too turned on having me naked there lol. Whenever it starts to feel uncomfortable, I usually just roll to the side and try to maintain some physical contact with the guy. It's my way of saying "It felt good but I'm getting stiff, don't take it personally". I'm also a huge fan of sleeping next to the guy with my head on his chest and his arms around me. It's so cozy and I really LOVE lying on a guy's chest, particularly when I'm bare-chested.

What Girls Said 10

• I try to stay cuddled, but it's more of a routine it seems like lol.

First we're both laying on our right sides, him spooning me.

Then eventually he rolls on his back and I put my head on his chest (sometimes I can fall asleep like that but not often, especially if it's too warm).

Lastly, he rolls to his left side and I spoon him always giving him a back/leg massage til he falls asleep at which point I roll back over on my right side to fall asleep and just our feet cuddle in the end.

This process is usually about 30 minutes. By the time I roll to my right side again I'm pretty tired.

• Hug and roll, bro! link

(I know this "Friends" clip is remixed/edited weirdly, but you get the concept of the hug and roll. Obviously I'm a girl and I've never tried it, but it seems like a simple enough way to end the cuddling when you start to get uncomfortable.)

• In my experience, it's just something you get used to. I'm a fidgety sleeper and have never been able to get comfortable sleeping while cuddling, but after doing it several times I was able to get a good nights sleep. The most comfortable position in my opinion is a spoon.

• I looooove cuddling. But realistically, it's almost impossible to cuddle the whole time you sleep. After awhile it gets uncomfortable. Just don't take it personally if your partner rolls over & whatnot. Usually, my boyfriend and I cuddle as long as we can until one of us falls asleep. & then we may snuggle for a second if one of us wakes up, but it's pretty well understood between us that in order to actually sleep we can't be intertwined the whole time. Good luck!

• I like cuddling a little bit before sleeping, but when I wanna sleep I don't like cuddling, but I like at least his hand or some part of him touching me. I can sleep spooning I don't mind that.

• I don't cuddle or even like to touch the other person when I'm sleeping

• i haven't seen my boyfriend in a year because of long distance but the couple of times that I slept oveer his house we cuddled and fell asleep while cuddling but woke up extremely far away from eachother. but I do think that if its on a night where it will take me forever to sleep, it would be uncomfortable to cuddle.

• We are all night cuddlers. He'll spoon me, then I spoon him (everything soft pressed against him, one arm over him, one under my head)and we fall asleep. We have our feet and legs entwined too. Sometimes we'll be mashed up against each other side to back or back to back. We are like this all night and sleep great. I know some of you are cringing reading this (maybe gagging) but it works for us.

That being said...we BOTH like it and neither of us have found someone to cuddle with that much. If one likes to snuggle and the other one doesn't then a quick snuggle and go separate ways to sleep! You gotta do what you need to in order to sleep well because a tired, cranky partner isn't very fun!

• We spoon.Then we go off to our separate ways.

• In a spoon position

What Guys Said 4

• You dont. When you are lying with your girlfriend it is the most uncomfortable feeling. Your arm might fall asleep because she is sleeping on it. You might wake up at 4am because your arm is in an uncomfortable position, you can't movie it or she will wake up. She might fall asleep holding your arm, good luck getting up for any reason. You have to suffer through it

• LoL that's one of the first things I go over when disguising relationship terms of contract ahhaha. Don't f'n touch me when I'm sleeping. Okay to be all cuddly before but when it's sleep time. Get the hell off because I like to toss and turn and I can't do that when they're laying partly on you.

• dude you ever seen the show friends, hug and roll man check it out

• That's easy, I put my face in her boobs.