What will a shy guy do when he likes a girl.

Like what are the signs? Because he used to text me first all the time then he stopped so I texted him first and he says sweet things but I'm always texting first and if I don't then we don't talk..like we are on day three of no contact but when we text we text for hours. by the way we are on break from school so hanging out is not an option

Most Helpful Guy

• Anxiety signs in person are the clearest way to tell if he likes you. When you talk to him in person he might double blink slowly. His mouth might hang open partially for brief moments before he regains composure. He might try to lean or stand non-chalantly and fumble a little bit. He will tap his foot or fingers, rub his face more than usual.

In text compare the time it takes him to respond to other guy friends that don't like you. The shy guy will always take much longer to send something. Also extra lols or questions at the end of his texts are a tip off that he likes you.

...btw I'm a reformed shy guy so I would know...

• He answers back really fast (usually less than five min) but he does say lol veryyyy often and does ask quite a few questions

• Here's an example of a question to use. If you won a mystery prize on Wheel of Fortune would you be happier with the dune buggy or the 1960s jukebox?

• Okay thank you! I'll do that next time

What Guys Said 8

• With shy guys it's all much more difficult. With being shy usually comes over thinking so whatever signs that you like him you think you are giving him, there are probably as many signs that would discourage him that you haven't thought about. He probably won't make a move so that leaves it up to you to take a leap into the deep end.

There's the possiblilty that he doesn't like you anymore or of course there's the now that he knows you will text him first, he doesn't need to feel uncomfortable by putting himself out there because you will do it.

• So since he used to text me first all the time and now he doesn't really, should I be worried? My friend said he's probably doing it to see if you'll show interest and text him but idk..like we have great convos when we do text (after he stopped texting first and I started texting him first) and he would say sweet things so I'm just really confused

• That's up to you. If it's not imperative for a shy guy to put himself out there then he won't. He doesn't have to because you now do that for him. Unless you like the back and forth perpetual state of limbo, you should tell him how you feel...

• You're welcome. And you're right. It's better to coax/lure him into be the man. He needs that for his ego (we men protect our egos so much). There are ways. Also, feeling like he earned you will boost his confidence and make him feel more secure in your future relationship.

I was shy and my first love coaxed me into going in for the kiss on my own (I was so scared!). I did it though. I felt like a real man afterward and because of that we shared a lot of passion.

• I was the same. He won't tell you unless you show him you feel the same way. Since he used to contact you, that means he may have interest. And if he's shy then he probably stopped texting either because you haven't put in the effort or expressed your feelings. When you're around him and he blushes or tries to prevent from looking you in the eyes, then he may have feelings for you

• You can be more assertive with him without tipping him off. If he is shy he will appreciate it. But you could ask more direct questions like...Do you have a GF? Do you want one? Why is a great guy like you still single? Get him thinking about what it would be like to have a GF. Then talk about how you want a Boyfriend and that should get him thinking about you filling that void. Just show that you are open and don't give him any reason to think he is so into the friend zone he can't get out. So don't mention other guys. Even if all of this goes well, you might still have to just ask him on a date. But hopefully you will know more about his interest level. Ask tons of questions, show how interested you are.

• Nothing. A shy guy will do nothing no matter the amount of opportunities he has. Shy guys are really annoying. You have to keep doing whatever you are doing and hope he opens up to you

• What if he always texted me first when we first met and now it's always me? Is it to see if I'm actually interested enough to want to text him?

• Well, I hide in my bed and masturbate.

• There's not much he will do if he's shy. Why?

• It's just confusing because I really like him but I'm afraid to fully fall for him if the feelings aren't mutual

• Id rather the male play the male role lol..

• You can always try to convince him by poking him with a stick, but it won't work. He's shy. You need to make a move.

• A really shy guy, probably nothing as you found out. Usually after the ice is broken he will open up more so your guy seems to be really shy, or perhaps not too experienced with girls.

Give him a few years, he'll come out of it...maybe.

What Girls Said 2

• They will stare or look but won't make a move

• Even a shy guy will let a woman know if he likes her. I have been asked out by plenty of shy guys.