He only ever replies two or three times?

I always have to text him first, and when I do, he only replies a few times, but they aren't like... meaningless. He actually seems to care and want to talk to me, but then he doesn't. How come I'm the only one making effort? I don't know him well enough yet to bring this up with him, but it's getting frustrating. Should I keep texting him first and just try or what?

Most Helpful Guy

• No matter what a guy has on his plate, be it school, work, or the like, if he is interested in dating a woman, he'll create time to invest in connecting with her, even if that means giving up a few minutes of sleep to accomplish it.

If this guy isn't convincing you by his effort to get to know you, then he doesn't deserve to be with you.

What Guys Said 4

• Play tennis with him, show him you deserve a return serve, otherwise your hitting the ball against a brick wall, so text and reply, get him realising that your one of the ones he needs to make an effort with or she looks elsewhere,x

• most guys are bad at texting. I am the complete opposite, I text the people I care about the most usually first. This girl I like is very bad at texting, like she has messages that she hasn't read that are 2 months old, she just forgets about texting. What I learned is to not text her, maybe trying to Facebook message him would work better. That's what worked for me

• It's entirely possible that he's just busy. Does he work? Go to school?

• He does work, but he gets out at five so I wait until after to try and talk to him or until the weekend. Same story :/

• Hmmm, try not texting him for awhile, if he doesn't contact you, there's your answer either way. If I like a girl and I have some free time, I'm going to be talking to her.

• Maybe you have the answer in your question. You do not know him very well yet. If you peak his interest he'll text you back more often.

What Girls Said 2

• Pardon my straight forwardness, but if you've slept with him already, then it sounds like you'll probably turn into a booty call. He wants you only when he wants you (on "his" time). He'll only do just enough to keep you there.

If you haven't slept with him, he could just be very busy, but if you're worth it that person WILL make time for you.

And you can't say he cares because you also said you don't know him well enough.

Fight the urge to text him. If you want to know where you stand with him, let him come to you and show you. Basically, be still. Good luck.

• Firstly, thank you for your answer. Secondly, I have most certainly not slept with him, nor with anyone else. That is for my husband only. If I said I don't know him well enough to confront him, why on earth would I have slept with him?

And lastly, I said he "seems" to care, not that he does. I couldn't know that for sure without being told.

But the last bit was helpful, so thank you.

• Just let it be for awhile... wait 2 days before texting him again.. If he is into you.. within these two days he will text..

If he doesn't.. I can tell you what to do to make him love you within like a month hahahah

No really.

• Feel free to tell me now, because I waited four days a while ago and got nothing. :P