Is dating easier after first bf/gf?

From your experience, is it easier? If so, how much so?

Most Helpful Girl

• You learn from mistakes, and hopefully you don't make them again. You learn about yourself, and hopefully improve over time. You learn about different types of people, and hopefully learn about how to deal with specific situations better than if you had not been put through those situations. You mature and usually get better at things sexually, you're less afraid of the simple stuff (at least a lot LESS afraid than the first times around). But no relationship is the same, no person is the same, and so each time you don't know what to expect (and it gets harder in that sense because you expect it to be simpler but it isn't always simple so people get depressed a lot of the time because of that), but you're stronger than you were the first time around, more protected emotionally (if you're healthy and not jumping into things if you've been hurt so recently before). You learn how to cope better. And this is all assuming you analyze your life and yourself and try to problem solve instead of just being a pitiful pile of victimized waste.

What Girls Said 24

• Of COURSE it is! At first it was pretty nerwrecking to experience new things all the time with my first boyfriend (first serious boyfriend too). It's pretty overwhelming most times and I kept second-guessing myself, over thinking the whole thing... it wasn't easy feeling comfortable in this relationship since it was so new, I wasn't sure I felt good and satisfied about everything and about the guy... how could I know? The first breakup is the hardest too, I believe... but after dating a bunch of guys after that and entering a new relationship, I feel WAAAAY more confident in my ability to act like myself in a relationship AND pursue the right guy for me! Dealbreakers are important too, and often you don't know which they are until you're tried settling in vain. So YES, experience definitely is worth a WHOOOOLE lot. It's a huge learning curve IMO and I'd never regret my first serious relationship cause it taught me an awful lot about myself as someone's companion and in the search of my perfect lifelong companion. Good luck, I'm sure you'll figure things out as I did along the way!

• Every relationship is a learning experience. After each one, you learn a little more about yourself and what you need in a partner. In that sense, dating does become easier the more you do it.

• Not necessarily easier.

But you definitely learn more about relationships the more encounters you have.

What to do/ what not to do.

• some ways easier other ways harder... Do I know what to expect sometimes or can I call out a player sure... but I also have things to look for and ways to compare them... making it hard to figure out how I really feel, makes it feel more like shopping lol

• Honestly, I think it really depends on your own personal experience. I did find it a little easier after the first one, but I got shy after the second and third. And for the most part, I really didn't think much about dating after that, I just kind of let things happen. I'm on attempt number seven now. It took quite a few mistakes to get to where I have and I really don't regret a single one of them.

• Being in a relationship does get easier after your first bf/gf. The flirting thing if you're shy and actually asking someone out still gets you a little nervous.

• Like first boyfriend or first serious boyfriend?

• I've only been in one relationship and I'm going to marry him...haven't had many difficulties at all...it's been pretty easy...but then again...I am in my upper 20s so age could be a factor.

• Meh it's mediocre

• Yes. You learn what you do and don't want in a partner, and what you will and won't tolerate in a relationship. It's easier to keep a straight head about things.

• Yeah it is

• No, it gets harder everytime because we start to box ppl into categories. Everybody suffers from the last.

• Yeah, because youre gonna learn from your previous relationship and youre gonna know more about what you want in a relationship basically

• Ya I think so, due to experience I think.

• oh god yes

• Yes. Because you know what to expect

• Yh kinda

• Scarier if you got hurt the first time, easier cause you've been through the hurt already.

• I personally think it's harder. You have to start all over with someone else and you may be ready to do something but the other person may not.

• Not really

It depends on who you are with

• If the first person you dated was the right one, and things didn't work out, then it's harder.

But it's easier because you're more experienced.

• Yeah because you know what you like

• In general yes I think so. With many things the more experience you have the easier things gradually become.

What Guys Said 17

• In terms of getting a date, a relationship, as in getting into one I would say yes it does become easier after your first especially for guys since guys have to do the work in order for a date and relationship to happen, so I would say experience benefits guys more than girls here, basically guys not girls have to be the ones to literally know how to get a relationship since us guys have to do the pursuing and asking out, initiating, approaching, according to my username you can probably tell that I resent the fact that I was dealt with this card for being born a male, but if it was okay for me to be needy and desperate for companionship and a relationship, didn't need to be confident and content with myself while single I probably would not resent doing the approaching and taking charge as much as I do currently

• I suppose it depends on what aspect you mean.

Do you mean emotionally? Do you mean the act of finding another partner? Do you mean simply knowing how to handle things? etc etc.

Here's all I can say - I've only had one real girlfriend in my life. Since being single, I've been on a couple dates, but neither of them led to anything significant. Perhaps it was me just not remembering how to date new ppl? I've met a lot of girls since and feel pretty OK thinking of them as potential mates. Even if I still think of my ex during idle time, if I'm talking to a girl I'm pretty much focused on who I am talking to (both the proverbial "talking to" and the literal "talking to" that moment).

So, yeah, guess that's all I can say.

• For me no. Bad experience so I have trust issues now (yes, after one girl). I am very cautious about who I meet.

• Well you certainly learn things about the opposite sex, but it is definitely not easier to meet someone else.

• If you are a guy then yes because you need the confidence and experience and skills in order to get a girlfriend because guys have to be the initiators, girls don't need to know how it doesn't matter how girls talk or speak or how they communicate or whatever vibe they give off in order for them to get a boyfriend

• Yes. The first time is just a nervous experience where you get the feels of being in a relationship. After that, everything else comes naturally.

• Its easier after your first rejection/break up

• Experience in general makes things easier. But relationships is a complicated thing in general.

• I think it's easier. I was struggling my very first time. Although, it was easy to trust everyone.

• No. It never gets easier to work with people. It just changes dynamics.

• Yeah but first breakup is the worst, so depending on how scarred you are it might be easier or harder to trust others.

• No, it's just as hard.

One rotten apple can spoil everything

• Yes. You gained experience from your mistakes, you start to understand a little more about the opposite sex, you have a better idea of what kind of person is right for you.

However, if your last relationship ended horribly (mistrust, betrayal, violence) then it would be very difficult.

For me, my last one taught me not to pressurize the girl too much, and try to get to know her objectively as a friend first before asking her out. This is so I know her true personality before it's affected by romance or complications or anything.

• Yes, no doubt. After your first girlfriend most of the myths about the opposite sex shatter, you stop looking at them as if they were better than you and you had to do something special to attract attention. The drama vanishes to a great extent, that reflects in your confidence and things go easier.

• It definitely is after your first boyfriend

• It's always easy for girls

• Depends on what part are you getting at, either initially in terms of meeting someone and getting them or while in the relationship in order to keep it, in the initial stages I would say it benefits guys more than girls since guys are still expected to do the approaching and asking out