Kissing smokers. Does it taste bad? Why do girls still do it all the time?

I am not a smoker, and I have never been interested in dating a smoker because I fear the taste of their tongue.

I have heard and read from many places that smokers are very bad to kiss for that reason.

And many girls also say they will NEVER consider dating a smoker.

However, I see non- smoking girls with smokers ALL THE TIME. So is this not true? Or...are these guys hiding the flavor really well? Or are the girls just OK with it because the guy is so sexy?

Or do girls actually find smoking sexy and the media is keeping them from admitting it?

After all the responses, I think the media lied to all of us.

Most Helpful Girl

• My first kiss was with a guy who smoked and contrary to what I thought, it didn't taste bad at all and it was actually a pretty amazing kiss regardless. So no, out of experience it didn't taste bad. But I suppose it depends on how much they person smokes, when they last smoked and overall oral hygiene. Nowadays though I stay away from guys or people in general who smoke simply cause I can't stand smoke in my hair and face and it's just a bad habit. I do not find smoking sexy at all either. I suppose if the chemistry is there some girls will still kiss a guy who has smoked while others may not.

What Girls Said 5

• It doesn't bother me. I honestly don't taste anything different. I've always wondered why they say kissing a smoker is like kissing an ashtray. It never has been for me!

Also, I will secretly admit that I think the act of smoking is sexy. Bringing it to your lips, taking a drag. It looks sexy.. but I am not a smoker and I understand the consequences to smoking.

• I used to be a smoker.

I sometimes still fall back into it.. (stressed or drinking)

Some people "taste" worst then others when they smoke.

I'm not sure if that is physiological or if it is brand dependent, likely a bit a of both.

• Kissing a smoker tastes like your licking an ashtray just plain gross. No I have never licked an ash tray but I have a very vivid imagination.

• Yes, sometimes. I must admit I love the smell of smoke on a man.

• I'm dating a smoker and it don't taste bad at all when we kiss ... I can't even tell that he smoked before he kissed me

What Guys Said 2

• some people don't like kissing smokers, some people probably just get over it because they like a person, and some people probably don't care or maybe the like the taste

people are different, you're trying to lump everyone into a category of "all girls like it" or "no girls like it", that's an oversimplification

• I just quit (again) almost a year ago. I'll have to pass on any smoker girls, not because of the taste, but because I'll start smoking if I hang out with a smoker too much. I really don't want to do that.