Why do guys say one thing then do another?

I've had this happen two different times and it's frustrating. Once my ex told me he wished he never broke up with me and wished we were still together. He ended up dating someone else after he told me this. The second one was a guy I had started talking to and he basically did the same thing my ex did minus the breaking up and wishing we were still together thing.we never officially dated but he stated dating another girl. I just want to know why some guys do this.

Most Helpful Guy

• to get whatever they want.

What Guys Said 1

• for sex most likely, sex is great.

What Girls Said 1

• Did either of them attempt to date you after expressing interest in being with you?

• My ex didn't he just flirted with me a lot until he found someone else. I think distance may have been an issue there. As for the other guy no we just talked and flirted also until he found someone too. I feel used, like I was there to fill a void for both of them.

• Actions speak louder than words. Whenever a guy is telling you how much he wants to be with you and has the opportunity to do so but isn't don't bother wasting time/feelings.