The whole idea of texting and dating? Opinions?

Should boyfriend/girlfriend text ALL the time? What if they are on break/long distance relationship? What if you guys are strictly at the dating stage but can't see each other because you both are on college break? Just general opinions or what you like doing

Most Helpful Guy

• No, they shouldn't. They should actually talk. There's too much ambiguity in texting. I like to hear the girl's voice.

For the record, I don't buy into this "on a break" business.

What Guys Said 1

• I find the whole idea of who should text first or what should be done Totally Ridiculous. Do what you feel like doing, ease up the tension, keep things light and fun. If there was really one thing to be done, that's definitely to keep in touch (frequent communication, how frequent is up to you).

What Girls Said 2

• I text the guy I am dating every day, when I'm not busy or in classes (it's not a one-sided annoying helicopter girl thing either, we definitely take turns texting first). We've been doing that since the month before we even started dating, so I'm used to it... it's normal for us. I am leaving town for winter break and won't see him for a month and we are still at that "dating stage", I'm assuming we will still be texting each other pretty much the same amount.

• It depends on the person.. I really don't like texting so I'll let him know in advance not to expect much on the texting line b.c it's not my thing..