Meeting online? (not on dating website)

Ok so I met an absolutely great guy on a website that allows you to have profiles and send messages and instant message but it was not a dating website. he is 3 years older than me and lives maybe 2 or so hours away from. (I think that's about the distance) We talk a lot and not just about sex. We are really trying to get to know one another. I really like him and he says the same and that he would like to come visit me and be my boyfriend and spend tons of time with me. I've talked to a couple friends about him and they all say he's a creeper and is probably like 50 or something. I've never been treated so well by a guy even if it is just online. I'm usually subject to sex talk and badgering for pics but he does not do this. I'm just wondering what others think. Is he a creeper? is it bad to trust him? please let me know your thoughts. id really appreciate it.

Most Helpful Guy

• One of my previous answers, since it matches your question.

"While I don't like the idea of internet dating too much, It's certainly possible to meet genuine people. Keep in mind that talking on the net, like anything else involves priorities. He's been spending 3 months talking to you. No sane guy does that for the heck of it. He seems very interested and perhaps is shy himself. But because it's the net, your safe. There is no harm done by asking to meet him. Just make sure it's in a public place first. Just to be on the safe side. But remember that for every hour you've been talking to him, he's been doing the same thing, and you both now are priority for each other. And that's to make time to talk for each other. Three months of that is definitely enough to say that he's into you. ;) "

So take what I said there and apply it to your situation. You can definitely find love on the net, it's just a matter of crossing more barriers than you would in real life.

What Guys Said 1

• I met my wife online 13 years ago (dating sites didn't exist at that time) and crossed the ocean for her. Some people on the Net *are* real. If you want to know if he is real, then just arrange to meet in a public place in between where you live.

What Girls Said 2

• You never know. The only way to know is to keep getting to know him and if you feel you want to meet him do it in a very safe way (public place and bring some friends). Just be careful because you never know who you will meet.

• I wouldn't trust him. One- you don't even know if this guy is real. Like your friends said, he could be some 50 year old creeper. Two- He's talking about coming to visit you and be your boyfriend? I don't know that sounds kinda fishy. If you do meet him I'd advise you don't go alone.