Why do girls have dating profiles of them with their friends as the main photo?

Any guys have this problem? How am I supposed to know who it is? There's not even a caption on the bottom like "I'm on the left" or something. Some of these profiles have no photos of them by themselves either. I honestly skip over the profiles completely because I don't know who it is.

Also girls do you see guys doing the same thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably because they're the least attractive in the photo and they think the guys will believe they're messaging the most attractive. It's a way to boost the number of messages that they'd otherwise get if they used a photo of themselves or actually identified themselves in a multi-person photo. I tend to be reluctant to message those girls because I don't know who I'm messaging (clearly you're in the same boat as me) so the results to this tactic are mixed at best.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't know why girls do this unless they have other photos. My only guess is that you're more likely to click on the profile if there is an attractive girl in the photo. I've noticed guys doing the same, but the worst is when the photo is with a girl. Cool, it could be your sister, your best friend, but it's really unattractive. Those are always ones that I skip over.

• Search for guys and you will see guys are just as bad, as well as posting really old pics of themselves or pics of someone else entirely. I don't get it, they will have to come clean sooner or later.

• Usually girls don't always have huge confidence and if you can't figure out who is who it is better for the girl

• Because they are usually not attractive and need a ploy to lure in helpless men. lol

What Guys Said 4

• The others are spot on. I personally am not a fan of those. If she has other pictures of herself only, fine. But if it's just one or two pictures with her and the same group of friends, I'll most likely just move on. Call me shallow but I'd rather see what the person looks like before starting a conversation with them.

• some do this so you can't tell which one of the girls in the photo is them , sort of a dumb thing to do as they should identify who they are and not try and decive single guys . but I don't see this very often but does happen

• One of two ways:

1) If she's hot, she does it to compare herself to her not-so-hot friends

2) If she's not hot, she hangs with her friends so guys take the time to deduct who they're messaging.

If you want to find a real problem in a girl's dating profile, I recommend you do a drinking game. Do a CTRL+F search on their page and search for the word "country." Every time you see the word, take a drink. You won't last 20 minutes on 5 girl's profiles...

• I have seen country a lot but honestly... I'd probably fall flat on my face much faster if I CTRL+F searched the word "teacher." With this whole "equal rights" age girls are just trying to take the easy way out it looks like where I am by pursuing a teacher degree.

• Those are profiles that I simply won't answer!