Asking someone on a date in a year?

I've fallen pretty hard for my best friend and want to as her out to a date now for a time in the near to distant future. Or ask her if she would consider going on a date with me next year or something like that. Anyone have experience with that or know someone that does?

I forgot to add, she has a boyfriend hence the in a year or so part.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's completely pointless. What would she make of that? She won't dump her boyfriend because you hinted that you like her more than a friend. No matter how great of a guy and whatnot you are, girls in relationship don't usually flush the relationship down the drain once someone new comes along. Just doesn't happen. You'll just make things awkward, there's no point. If she becomes single at some point eventually, THEN you can wonder whether asking her out some time later seems like a good plan or not. Right now, it's just silly speculation.

What Girls Said 3

• Why are you assuming her relationship will be over in a year? I'd find it a bit rude if someone asked me on a date for after my relationship has ended...

No, never ask someone out in the future. We can't predict what will happen between now and then so you're really just setting yourself up for disappointment.

You don't even know how you'll feel about her in a year...

• she has a boyfriend? NO

• Your gonna get rejected if you do.

What Guys Said 2

• That will never work. Ever.

The only way you could pull this off would be to half-jokingly ask if she would go on a date with you if she were single. If she says yes, at least that gives you some hope.

• no...just no...