If even a single awkward silence or moment happens on a date, do you take that as a bad sign?

JUST one awkward silence. bad sign? would you stop seeing that person for another date?

Conversely if there were no awkward silences whatsoever, do you take that as a very good sign?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some silence is OK on a first date

• if there were no awkward silences whatsoever, do you take that as a very good sign?

• Yes, but awkward silences on a first date isn't uncommon and isn't a "bad" sign.

What Girls Said 5

• No, it's only a bad sign if the entire date is awkward silence. But a few pauses here and there are expected on the first few dates.

• Hmm, no...i don't get phased by silence. Besides, it takes some people longer to warm up with someone. I only stop seeing the other person when I see no potential for growth.

• Depends on the content of the conversation, how well it flows. There could be those situations where its uncomfortable, like is forced random topics. But generally yes, its a good sign.

• No date is ever perfect specially when you are getting to know people so I wouldn't give up just because of something so minuscule.

• Not necessarily. I take his body language as the most reliable sign.

• O fcourse NOT. It's normal for those moments to appear sometimes, becouse people are nervous, they are trying to make the best impression possible, and awkward silence is result of that. If someone decides not to date somebody anymore just becouse of that, then something is seriously wrong with that person.

• yeah, I assume we have no chemistry.

• just because of ONE awkward silence?

What Guys Said 2

• I kind of like a little bit of silence. It can be better than forced conversations where the person is just saying anything so there isn't awkward silence.

• Sure as long as the conversation wasn't forced

• Well, you can't be talking all the time. I wouldn't let one awkward silence moment determine things

• i would yes