The "checking FB during date" test?

Some time ago my first ever girlfriend broke up with me and during our breakup talk, one of the things that came up was that apparently she "tested" me by going on Facebook on her phone during a date (while we were sitting and chatting in a bar) just to see how I would react.

Now I never said anything at the time because I was so desperate and excited for any female attention that I let her completely walk over me, however inside I found her behavior to be very insulting.

Anyway I was wondering whether this might be a test that a lot of girls do, considering how many people are addicted to FB, their phone and the combo of the two?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think its a common test, but it is common that girls do not want a guy who is that desperate and needy - and you'd have shown yourself to be that in some other way even if she had not done the FB test.

You need to believe in yourself more and have more faith that there is always another girl if the current one is rude or something. Stand up for yourself.

• So just to clarify: girls are OK with me telling them things that bother me about them? Because I thought that this would introduce conflict into the relationship which wouldn't be good.

• Not in the sense of "You shouldn't wear that shirt - it makes you look fat"

But definitely in the sense of "Would you mind not checking your phone when we're trying to talk? It's very rude."

What Girls Said 2

• I find these stupid 'tests', well, stupid. If I was on a date with a guy, I'd want to talk to him and flirt with him and, you know, enjoy his company. Not pull stupid little stunts like this.

Plus, I hardly ever touch my phone, so...

• i dont...i haven't even heard of this before lol how did she wants you to react? slap her? lol

What Guys Said 3

• I think anyone who checks their FB or phone during a date should be suspended from dating until they apologize to a joint session of Congress.

And we guys should all take a blood oath not to tolerate any such behavior, no matter HOW good looking she may be.!

• If she did that during our date, I'd think she was uninterested, which then would make me feel pretty crappy.

Did she tell you it was a test? If you asked her and she said that, could've been an ecuse. I wonder how she wanted you to react though.

• When on a date, especially early in the relationship, phone on mute mode, in a pocket, and it stays there. It's just basic respect.