Online dating hurts!

I join this dating site and find this really handsome guy who looks pretty decent and we started talking and find many things in common.I always wait to get his reply so as always I was eager to recieve his reply but I didn't recieve any reply from him today :( and that makes me very sad :( .He did check my profile and I can see him online but he won't reply.Do guys really loose interest that fast?i I Haven't even let him know about my admiration for him.I wonder why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, he might not have lost interest. He might be busy. Busy with life, busy with god knows what. He also might have seen your message and just not had the time to say something, or perhaps he doesn't have a logical place to continue the conversation. (I don't know what you were talking about., but that can happen, too.)

But yeah, like others said, he could be busy talking to other girls. In fact, you should expect this on an online dating site. Girls typically get flooded with tons of messages from guys (especially if they're gorgeous, have a filled out profile, and possibly something provocative in there) so, standard practice for most guys is to talk to a ton of people at once, because that's the best way to get results. So yes, it's entirely possible he could be talking someone else.

Yeah it's also possible he could have lost interest. But so what if he did lose interest? That's not something to take personally. You don't know that it was your fault. You don't know it had anything to do with you. You don't even know if he actually did lose interest. Even if he did, it's not a slight against you. It's not a measurement of your own self worth. It's nothing personal. So you don't have to be hurt by this.

Furthermore, you really do have to remember that there are a lot of guys out there. That's the best thing about online dating, is that it's practically a catalogue of people you can look at, see what you like, and go for it. If this guy doesn't work out, someone else will come along, and if you get tired of waiting, there's nothing saying you can't get proactive and just message a guy you like, by yourself.

Bottom line is, that as hurt as you might feel by this, you don't have to be. Just try looking at it differently. There are a lot of things you don't know, and for all you don't know, there are many ways this could be a lot less bad than you thought. Don't let this get you down.

• awwww thank you.This really made me feel better and makes a lot of sense.

• Woooop-woop-woop-woop-woop-woop-woop-woop-woop~!. Nyuk nyuk. Grr. Ruff!

(Sorry. Being called a "Wise guy" just reminds me of Three Stooges.)

• Lmao I was wrong! you're the funny guy :D haha

What Guys Said 5

• It doesn't mean he lost interest. He's probably talking to other girls. That sounds pretty reasonable I would think. I don't understand if why if you like him so much you wait for him to message you! Oh yeah but if you show interest you might seem desperate right? I don't think messaging someone means your desperate though. What it does suggest is that you're interested which you are! It sounds like you would rather play games I guess? Or no, it could be because so many women feel this pressure to not pursue men I guess.

• You haven't even met.

The guy I know who has actually used online dating the most to find a girlfriend would message about 10+ -new- women per night, and set up 5-10 first dates a week. From those maybe 2-3 would go to a second date, and of those maybe one a week would hit a third date and around that point he'd be either deciding to start dating her monogamously or end it and keep looking. You'd be at a step below the 10-15 first dates per week.

• He's busy corrresponding with dozens of girls. That's thenature of online friends! That's why I prefer live people, face to face, they can't just refuse to click on my messages!

• One day? There are a million reasons why he hasn't replied. But that being said, it's a dating site, you've got nothing (realistically) invested in your time with him...just move on - there will be more guys

• i've had the same problems with that. Try not to take it too personal, its not like they know you or anything. People on those sites are flaky, time wasters. I'm only on pof.com for the advice forums. No rush to meet anyone off of there anythime soon, my friend!

What Girls Said 5

• online dating can work if you keep to meeting people who are within a reasonable distance to yourself (like less than an hour drive) and who are willing to meet face to face within two weeks of your first contact with them.

I've met some great guys online but I refuse to get hung up on one who's only contact I've had is via email. There are too many game players and scammers online to waste time getting strung along hoping we'll eventually meet. I want to know that the guy in the picture is the guy I'm talking to and that he is who he says he is and is the age he says he is so its either lets meet (or Skype) within a couple of weeks or I'm moving along and talking to someone else.

• You're not the only girl he's probably speaking with.

You have to somehow try to catch his interest and stand out from the other girl's.

Give him a few more days to a week max...maybe he didn't have the time to respond.

If he doesn't send him another message.

• Sometimes I do that when I'm too busy to reply, or not in the frame of mind to formulate a good response (tired, around other people, etc.) Looking takes no effort, but responding does. It might take me a day or two to get back to somebody. The flip side is he may have lost interest as well. Don't hold on so tight by letting him define your worth. You don't even really know him yet.

• he lost interest

• That's life. People lose interest