I think I did something stupid & that he might've taken the wrong way. What do you think?

So for the winter break one of my co-workers decided to go back home to spend the holidays with his family. We work together on campus. He gets along with everyone that works with us (the majority of us are girls) and he and I have had a few occassions during which we had long conversations and discovered some things we have in common even though we're not exactly friends. We don't talk very often because our schedules usually clash but, as I said before we have had some long conversations before. During one of these conversations, he told me that he might be spending some time alone when he got home because while he's on vacation the majority of his family would be going to work. He sent the staff an email wishing us all happy holidays. I responded back to the email and then sent him a private message on Facebook letting him know that I knew that he was going home to have fun & spend time with family & friends but that if he ever got bored and wanted someone to talk to that he could text me because I'm always up for texting and gave him my number. Anyway, Facebook indicates that he read the message but, he never responded to it. He didn't contact me or acknowledge it in any way. Now, I feel a bit worried that he might've taken it the wrong way & think that I'm coming on to him or something when I'm really not. I was trying to be nice but then when I reflected on it, I felt like it could've been taken the wrong way. How do you guys think he might've taken it and why he didn't respond?

Most Helpful Girl

• He didn’t take it wrong he just probably looked at it and said OK if I get alone I’ll give her a text. You email you sent him doesn’t really require a response back. If you asked him a question and didn’t respond then yea he took it the wrong way but you left it open and it didn’t require him to respond. I wouldn’t be to worried about it. It’s the Holidays spend time with your family and friends and not worry about work or co-workers because he will respond on his own time and if not you will see him at work again someday

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I think he just hasn't had any alone time yet. That and he may be unsure of how to respond. It's happened to me before and I think it's maybe just due to not knowing you too well or how to break the ice or maybe just not having time yet. I imagine he appreciated the thought either way. If it's at all possible try not to over think it too much because it's not likely to effect your relationship when he gets back. I hope that helps!

• Yup he sure did take it the wrong way, that sucks when that happens. Lol, and it's pretty embarrassing cause now you feel like you have to explain ohh boy..now he thinks you wanna jump his bones LMFAO..smh. you better explain. Or else it's gonna get pretty awkward if he doesn't exactly view you in that manor. Good luck