Poll: You catch your partner sexting another. What do you do?

Your partner says it was a stupid mistake and it will never happen again. But not only has he/she sexted this one time but another time before that but to the same person. What do you do?

1) End it

2) Proceed with caution

3) Stay

Most Helpful Girl

• End it. I don't care if it's a "stupid mistake" you shouldn't have to get caught cheating virtually or otherwise, to realize what you were doing was a mistake. To me it shows he obviously has no respect for me or our relationship. It doesn't need to be physical to be cheating. If he's pretending/fantasizing with someone else about sex that's cheating. You can't exclude technology just because it's not the classic sense of what "cheating" is. We have to adapt with the times. I have a no tolerance policy to cheating. I know my own worth and I'm worth more than that. I used to be a gorram puppy, taking my boyfriend back time and time again after cheating (we weren't having sex so I figured it's only necessary). But no more. Don't sink to that level, he's just pissed because he can't have a girl but still cyber-sleep with every other girl he wants. Fuck him.

• I'm with you! Every word.

• The guy I'm with currently has been with me for three-four years and I've never even once ever not trusted him or thought he was doing anything fishy. He's amazing. Really really amazing and I know, for a fact, that he would never ever even dream of cheating.

• That's amazing. I want that too. One day...

What Guys Said 3

• Trust is a fragile thing. If somebody does something to break it I don't see a reason to stay with the person anymore.

• I'd ask her to start packing.

What Girls Said 3

• Some men are just selfish pigs and attention whores. It is cheating, and realizing it may start out as sexting, flirting etc well often those things DO turn into real life affairs. It's like he's putting one foot out the door testing the waters. I wouldn't feel too secure.

• This is a tough one. It seems silly to end a healthy, good relationship over sexting, but it also seems naive to think they'll stop if they show a history of doing it.

I would assess the relationship on the large scale. Is everything else okay? Do we have a healthy sex life? I'd try figure out WHY he's sexting and if it has something to do with my behaviour, I'd try fix it. If he's just a douchelord, then I'd end it.

• 1) End it