Is it possible to fall for someone you never met?

I'm in an odd situation. I joined a message board that was kind of a group of people going through tough times after my ex and I had a real bad breakup. I posted on there about some issues I was having and posting on there led me to start talking to this girl who was also going through a rough time. That was nearly 7 months ago now. After a couple weeks on that site I was over it and kind of stopped visiting that website and she sent me a link to her Facebook so we could stay in touch.

In those 7 months both of us kind of dated a little bit, I had another girlfriend who ended up giving me some troubles and she helped me with that too. She has also had some issues with her ex continually contacting her and I've been helping her stay away from him, because he was abusive. One day on Facebook she gave me her phone # because "texting was easier".

Over the past two or so months we have literally texted each other every single day. Through talking we realized we have so much in common, both love sports, have same favorite TV shows, love same type of music, have the same sense of humor, everything. I just recently downloaded snapchat too and she added me on it and now we snapchat each other quite a bit, and she sends me pictures of herself in the morning sometimes with the caption "Good Morning". She has even jokingly told me that if neither of us find someone in the next few years "we could always just marry each other hahaha". Now I feel like she is the exact type of girl I am looking for and I have really fallen for her but there are a few issues. First is she lives in a different state. Second is beside joking about getting married that one time where we were both down about our dating luck, I don't think she really knows how I feel. I am also going to be visiting her state next month and will be 45ish minutes away from her house and kind of want to ask her out when I'm near her but don't know if that'd be awkward or anything.

My question I guess is, do you think it is possible to fall for someone you never met in person? Because I really think that might be what is happening to me right now.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's possible, but you can never be sure if it's genuine or not (unless you meet up with them). I mean, everyone can "create" a fake persona online. Some people just want to impress you, and in the end, they manage to make you think they're ideal for you. They may be entirely different in real life. What if you are in love with a fake ideal? What if your major excitement alters the reality? What if she is entirely different than she presents herself?

Sure, its possible to find someone good, but less likely, and not to mention its dangerous. Plus, unless both of you have the money to travel I don't see the point in it.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it is possible

• I think it's possible but more so about infatuation

• Possible. But you may be falling for a false ideal if you've never met her. It's the image you've cooked up in your mind

What Guys Said 4

• From experience it's usually the thought of being with them and doing things with them that makes you fall for someone. I don't think anyone can actually fall in love with the other person unless they meet in person and do things together.

• ppl fall in love with imaginary people all the time some of them find him/her - most dont.

• You can definitely get a strong interest in someone, but I don't think you can truly be in love and want to marry them. There are many factors you don't know about the person. Should not risk it.

• I think you answered your own question. Yes you can.