Why do beautiful women date unattractive guys?

So I was completely into this girl in one of my classes this last semester. She's a beautiful redhead and has amazing eyes and was just really great and easy to talk to, I thought there could of been a connection there, then I saw her on campus with a guy who was who I assume is her boyfriend and she is so out of his league its not even funny.

They're kind of a different looking couple, not to sound racist but he's a soccer player (Mexican) and she just seems like a good sweet girl. I mean she's a 10 and he's this guy who kind of looks more quiet and looks like he has acne. I know looks aren't everything but I just don't get it.

Can anyone explain to me how these unattractive guys pull in these gorgeous girls?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's jealousy that makes you perceive him as unattractive. More or less denial, I'd say.

Of course you see all of his flaws, and don't even want to think he has positive sides, because you hurt.

I'm very sorry that you can't have her. I know the feeling, I spent my teenage years and early adulthood seeing girls I had fallen for not caring about me, and ending up with douche bags (or decent guys, and they got happily married with kids).

But take that opportunity to think about relationships. Grow up inside, become that mature person any partner will love because they will know what really matters in life.

There's not much you can do about it, except for thinking and learning about life.

Good luck :)

• "ending up with douche bags"

Are you the one hurting now? It seems like you're doing the same thing the QA is.

• Not hurting. Some got with douche bags, it never last. Some with decent guys and it did last. Just facts you know. But of course back in the day, it was painful.

What Guys Said 7

• You are giving looks way too much credit. I would be interested to know why you thought you had a connection with this girl?

• Your post read as incredibly racist and demeaning. Sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me.

• "I know looks aren't everything"

• cuz not everybody bases everything on looks?

• I'll have to see a pic to believe it

• Maybe it's because she likes guys and you don't? If not that, then maybe its jealousy?

• I'm sure glad women aren't shallow!

What Girls Said 3

• Unattractive men usually take time to develop great personalities to make up for what they lack in looks. Attractive guys can be selfish, privliged brats A lot of the time!

• 1. Because hot guys are assholes.

2. A lot of girls don't care about looks.

3. Maybe he's got fat pockets.

4. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Not everyone bases everything on looks.

But when my dad first saw my current boyfriend he said "Wow, you sure scraped the bottom of the barrel on him" I was very offended, obviously. To this day my dad still thinks my boyfriend isn't good enough for me, even though he is. It's because he's my dad and he'll never think anyone is good enough for me.

So I think you're jealous of him, so you automatically think he's ugly.