Why is it better late than never? why is it never too late for dating and relationships? I want to know why

Well I'm 24 and stillsingle, still haven't been in a relationship yet, meanwhile just about everybody else has had their share by my age, and I know you are going to say that I shouldn't be comparing myself to others, but what's wrong with comparing yourself to others? Because I hate being different I want to be like everybody else, I hate being different, plus I saw another question on another answer in which there is a guy who is 20 years older than me , 44 and never had a girlfriend and yet one girl was saying to him that it is never too late, ummmm that guy is way past his prime, he's too old to be able to date and attract 20-something women now, he's probably only able to date and attract cougar women, women who are past their prime, hence that's why I believe there are time limits in life

That 44 year old guy I mentioned is way past his prime for a woman who is in her prime, his limit was 35 likely

Most Helpful Girl

• there will be a time when it'is too late for dating and relationships

• glad somebody admitted

What Girls Said 5

• For starters there is someone out there for everyone.

If you don't want to wait til you are 40 to get a girlfriend, then you need to work on your game now. Are you friendly with women or just the ones you find attractive? Do you talk to women or just use cheesy pick up lines?

Try treating all women you meet like a new friend, talk to them, listen to them, and if someone seems to be talkative, warm and inviting, ask her for her number or Facebook information or just flat out ask if she would like to go out sometime. Don't let fear of rejection stop you from approaching a woman who interests you.

If meeting in person is too intimidating you could always try online dating.

As far as your comment about the 44 year old, chances are he isn't looking for a 20 year old - he's most likely trying to date women closer to his own age.

• I've tried online dating but never had any luck, been using it for years now

• what I mean is I never see girls give me a green light in order for me to approach and start talking to them

• I hate taking responsibility with a huge passion

• there's no big deal..i guess it's better to have one right than a 100 wrongs...!It'll save you the heartbreak..so..it's fine if your taking precautions...But if you actually connect with someone..go for it...don't bother...who knows it may have a happy ending...!

• better late than never? nonsense! carpe diem!

• Because love is something everyone wants

• yeah but one day a guy will be stuck in cougar town, that will suck

• Dude. It can strike any day. Especially when you least expect it and when you are truly open to it. It's happening to me now. I'm 24 and have only really had one relationship.

There are no formulas, no equations or manuals for why different people date from the time they hit puberty and why others are in their mid-20's before they establish their first real connection. It's a combination of factors.

The important thing, I'm beginning to see, is to turn inward for the answer - you HAVE to make respecting and being at peace with yourself one of your ultimate goals in life. I think a lot of people don't realize how not OK they are with themselves and it really shows, whether they try to project it or not. Others pick up on that negative self-image.

I think that many adults, even 44-year-olds, don't spend enough time self-reflecting and working on themselves and then end up in the type of situation you're describing. It is painful and difficult at times, which is why they avoid it. Maybe they blame others for being shallow or whatever (I see a lot of posts like that here), but at the end of the day, I think your relationship with others is defined by your relationship with yourself.

What Guys Said 2

• don't know what to make of this

• I don't think it's ever too late. You did say "yet" at the end of the sentence, which means you are probably planning on getting in a relationship at some point. I would say it's safe to bet that you haven't given up on relationships. As long as you want something, you might as well strive for it. Don't let some arbitrary rule talk you into giving up.

You can meet the girl of your dreams at the statistically determined ideal age, and everything is dandy for 10 years of marriage. What if she gets killed in an accident or something? Then you are a single 30something guy, all of a sudden in the same boat with the rest of the people your age at a Match.com happy hour. Things can get taken away from you very, very quickly.

And if you're going to compare yourself to everyone, just say this: "No one worthwhile compares themselves to anyone, so why should I?"