Should I contact him?

I was dating this guy for a year and he was always angry at me ifI didn't text back right away and we would fall out he aalways said I could do better then him but I loved him we got on so well on the phone during the night we talked 24/7 we where crazy about eachother told eachother everything I mean everything we had a big falling out cause I never replied to him straight away when he got angry he got vicious with his words calling me names so I told him I couldn't take the mental abuse anymore. Every time we fought id try get him back then we would but now he hasn't tried to get me back why I miss him so much I want to text him to say merry Christmas but I'm scared I know this is a hard time for him but I still worry about him please someone help please what will I do

Most Helpful Guy

• The thing is, you might of been good, but you can get this all with another guy but without the abuse, so why settle for the abuse, unless your scared you won't get any one better, because going backwards is not the answer, its learning fro your choices so you can make better ones, so don't worry about the rubbish, move on so your ready for the really good stuff, because not every guy is going to react the way this bum does, because most guys respect women and would never treat them like objects or possesions, so don't worry about your ex, he will be with some other girl silly enough to put up with his abuse where you have now learnt not to, so don't go backwards, keep moving forwards onto bigger and better men,x

What Guys Said 2

• He's an abuser stay away from him. His behavior isn't going to magically get better this is the way he is.

• Stockholm syndrom anyone?

Dating/being serious about someone isn't what you describe.

I guess you're both better without each other. Keep it like that.

What Girls Said 3

• If he's gonna be that touchy then maybe he's just really sensitive to how you treat him because y'all are estranged and so if you don't text back it gives him the idea that you're not interested in maintaining a relationship when he is. Probably makes him feel bad and unimportant. Since you know how he is you should know either a) if I don't text him right back he'll get angry so I need to just text him or deal with the drama or b) don't let it bother you or c) don't bother talking to him anymore.

• Chances are after a few weeks/months or even days things will get back to how they once were, him getting angry and getting mentally abusive towards you, you feeling bad, him making a big deal out of nothing because what is the point of being so angry for not texting back right away?

My advice: stay away from that drama.

• He was always scared id leave him like others did but I was too nice I suppose I stood by no matter what I always give chances but I suppose it would all go back to the way it was in a few days or weeks and to be honest It might be mental abuse now so I'm not waiting for it to turn physical thank you for your advice

• Good choice, you don't need toxic people in your life.

• say merry Christmas if you want but no more. don't put yourself in the same situation to get mentally abused again. plus he doesn't seem to be stressing too much since he isn't trying to get you back