Is it a turn off when guys use text speak? "talkin like ths to u"

I just met a guy recently, and he's awesome in so many ways, sweet, talented, nice, intelligent.

There is one thing, and only one, that really bothers me: He texts like a 9th grader, and he's 20.

I wish it didn't bother me, but he mistakes "you're" and "your" and replaces "you" with "u" and uses words like "probs" and "adorbs" and other things that shouldn't bother me but do.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a deal breaker, but I'm wondering if I'm alone in finding this a turn off even though it's really not a big deal I suppose.

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally think spelling is important I think bad spelling is a turn off as well so it's not just you. And it makes you come off as uneducated.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't usually text with that kind of thought, but people these days have contract where they can say what ever. But I really think its unnecessary to try and simplify everything.

• It personally would bother me, but then again I like intelligent girlfriends. Massive turnoff for me too. I don't think it's really the texting itself that bothers you, just what it indicates about the person.

• It'd be dumb to confuse words like "you're and your" but when I put "u" instead of you, it's because I have a character limit. I want to try to keep the amount of texts I send to a minimum, especially so I don't come off as clingy, let alone, cost

• It's certainly a turn off for me when girls do it!

What Girls Said 2

• It bothers me a lot. I'm so glad there's a fellow grammar snob on here! My boyfriend uses correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Thank goodness.

• It bothers me also but I am 28 so most guys I know don't do that