Dating a guy 5 years younger than yourself?

should that be yes or a no? we are both in our 20s. Is it a bad idea?

Most Helpful Guy

• As a situation it's not a problem having a relationship with a younger guy when you are in your 20s.

But it's an individual thing from person to person relationship to relationship as to how it works out.

If both of you are mature enough to understand each other then it can be an awesome relationship.

Overall I think it could be great :)

Seasons greetings and happy new year 2014 :)

What Guys Said 9

• Does he treat you well? Do you get along? If you're both attracted to each other then go for it. I don't understand why people put limitations on who they will date based on age. We're all adults and if someone makes you happy there's no reason to not give a relationship a chance. Falling in Love is hard enough as it is. People need to get over themselves.

• if I was dating a women 5 years older then me it would be strictly for sex. I've dated one women who was 11 years older then me and one who was 8 years older then me but it was just about sex I could never actually have a life with a women older then me due to a womens declining fertility and my desire to want a relationship to last a better part of a decade before kids get involved. as for your man, who knows you should ask him

• You'd be surprised how many women are fertile past the 'average' age and some who can't birth any more babies younger than the 'average' age. I say average because I know there's no real average. I understand you just wanting sex but you can't help who you fall in love with. You may find a woman who satisfy you in all areas who is older than you. Keep an open mind brother.

• o I'm sorry I don't believe in love. move along now boy your bothering me

• Age ain't nothing but a number (as long as they're of legal age of course). I've dated (and prefer) older girls. 4 was the most but close enough. Who cares what other people think. As long as you two are on the same maturity level and are happy with each other, nothing else should matter.

• Been there done that, turned out to be a bad idea but not because of our age difference. Tbh most women I've been with have been older than me, currently in a relationship with one two years my senior. If it had been the other way around you probably wouldn't have given it a second thought.

• I think it should be OK. I prefer older women myself.

• No of course not its pretty normal

• Not a problem from a guy's perspective.

• As long as you two both want the same and have the same or similar view on life

• I think as long as you're both mature and he treats you right then all is well. It's different if you're in your 20's but he hasn't reached 20 yet.

On a side note: How old are you and how old is he? If he is still in college then maybe he is still experimenting with his sexuality with other girls.

What Girls Said 6

• It doesn't sound horrible, give it a try. Best of luck to you. :)

• Oh no! Dating younger is a bad idea IMO. But then again I like men 10 years or more older than me

• Why exactly is it bad? I've always dated girls older than me. Don't see anything wrong as long as they're both mature.

• Because guys in their 20s aren't ready to hve a serious relationship. They're still trying to figure out what they want to do with their life.

• lol Believe me I'm considered very serious (I have a poker face too) and mature, was a regional manager for a Brit organization heading 2 of the 4 zones in the country and I was 24 ;) - there are always exceptions to every rule. And yes I had a serious relationship.

Younger or older is a matter of individual taste, choice and perception :)

• If you have a good connection should be fine

• yes OK for me

• Go ahead and date the guy.

• I tend to go with guys that are older. However I don't see anything wrong with dating a younger guy.