Should I stop online dating?

Seems like I'm always actively searching for someone. I think that I'm a fairly attractive guy and no female seems to really bite. Kinda bothers me due to the fact that I put in the effort and receive crumbs if anything for it. Would it be best to turn away from the internet for dating?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure. If you're not having any luck online why not try something new!? Go to bars, concerts, anywhere where you could meet people. Even try speed dating lol! I've never done it but it seems like it could be fun.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm a believer in meeting people the traditional way. You really never know what you're getting into with someone online. Plus there is already so much pressure, expectations, etc... best to find someone IRL

• You sound like one of those guys who wants a girlfriend, not a special someone.

As a girl who has been with many guys like this it almost feels like anyone can fill that role in their life and they don't really care too much as me as a person, rather I'm his girlfriend rather than my own person with my own life goals.

Stop actively searching and wait until you meet someone you really like.

• I don't think it works... never even fully tried it. I just know that even people I have chatted with online for a long time, there seems to be a tendency for people to misrepresent themselves, etc., so I think maybe finding someone honest and worthwhile is like finding a needle in a haystack. So why not do that and try other ways too?

Take a class, volunteer... ps I am sitting here thinking I should take my own advice :)

• do you have other social circle?i find it hard to weed out and find someone really geninue from online dating site.

you are attractive so I believe it is a matter of time you can find someone who share mutual feelings with you.

• Not really I'm in the Military so I don't really deal with civilians much anymore.

• Ok I always thought you are bold. If the girl drop hints , wld you go ahead

• I mean yeah if she makes it obvious.

• link

This video might be helpful :)

• I would just get out on top of it, kinda like you can have it but not rely strictly on it.

• You don't need to completely stop. You can stop putting as much time into it tho and start getting out there more and attracting the ladies that way if you think you're a fairly attractive guy and have a better shot at it. I kinda think that unless you're a ridiculously charming, handsome man, women won't bite/initiate contact so that might just be the norm. What site is this? You can try broadening your options too/ get better pictures/ change your approach when contacting them...

I actually looked at a guy friend's online account and went through his messages (nosy I know but I told him what I was doing) and his approach was so terrible no wonder nobody was responding to him. I wouldn't either if I didn't know him. All he said was, "Hey" "What are you looking for on here?" "What's up?" Make it more relevant to her and her pics and maybe they'll actually talk to you.

• Don't only rely on online dating, also go out and meet people in real life. But don't give up on online dating

What Guys Said 10

• My advice is to leave the profile up but stick to real world interactions. You never know, a mature woman may actually be telling the truth when she says she is looking for a relationship unlike all the other profiles.

The thing is, most girls just make profiles and are treating it like another Facebook that they log into. The only difference with the dating site is that they make one so they can get an inbox full on "You're very pretty" messages. Plus, the girls looking actually for guys have very specific interests and will not meet any guy that does not meet their "shopping lists." I honestly feel like messaging girl after girl is practically doing nothing other than contributing to the inflation of girls' egos while they do nothing but sit at a computer screen and see guys calling them beautiful yet they have no intention on meeting anyone, nor are they doing anything to earn such comments. Look at how many girls can put up a photo with absolutely nothing filled out in their profile and watch the sea of comments flow.

Plus in the real world, you can skip the superficial bullshit and don't have the chance to fake a good "first impression." There are so many profiles where they look like a great catch but when you meet them, they're totally fake. Guys and girls are guilty of this.

• yes, online dating sucks, and you can meet WAY more gorgeous women by simply walking out the door than browsing a whole day on a dating site.

• It's a total waste of time. Start going out more and hit girls up at the mall, library, stores... everywhere. If you get good at pickup you can get around 4-5 numbers a day, something that would take weeks to get online. The only problem is getting good at pickup is a bitch... lot of embarrassment goes with it but it's worth it.

• Online dating is a total crap shoot for men, everything is stacked against you.

• Yes.

Women online have inflated egos due to the innumerous herds of men that compliment and attempt to court her.

Just as men are confident online, as are women.

However, women 'need' to experience nervousness to feel attraction.

• Online dating is a sham.

Most sites seem to have the same women on it all the time, so either they're perpetually single or on their whilst dating lol..

• I hear ya. I'm thinking of leaving the online stuff, too.

• It's best to stick to the old fashioned way for dating. Only gold diggers and bitches online.

• I think internet dating is horrendous compared to actually approaching women in public.

The one advantage of online is, those women will be single.

The huge downside is, you're just one little message among 30 others, and just one cliche profile among 500 other cliche profiles.

When you approach in person, not only do you have a much better chance to make a good impression, but it feels more real, more natural. Women love that.

• Well sometimes they actually aren't single as well. They say they are. Some men and women have found out their date was married before. One example was a guy who was in a parking lot and the date pulled up next to him and he saw her taking off her ring before getting out of the car.

• Well, that settles it. The single good thing about online dating is it lets you be very lazy.

• An advice would be to stop searching for it and instead becoming it.

Love is not what you want, it is what you are. It is very important to not get these two confused.

If you think that love is what you want, you will go searching for it all over the place. If you think love is what you are, you will go sharing it all over the place. The second approach will cause you to find what the searching will never reveal.

Yet you cannot give love in order to get it. Doing that is as much as saying you do not now have it. And that statement will, of course, be your reality. No, you must give love because you have it to give. In this will you experience your own possession of it.