I let the perfect boy go.

We dated in high school and reconnected later in University (dating for ~4 years total). Things were going great and we seemed really compatible. He was really intense into school because he wanted to go to med school and I supported him. But it because too much, he prioritized school over me so I began to prioritize my friends over him. I really do love him and can see myself marrying him but I know he won't be ready for at least 10 years from now. So I let him go. It was hard. We're just two different people right now and he needs to focus on school and I don't want to hold him back in a relationship.

I still have strong feelings for him but I am confused and didn't know what to do. Did I make a mistake? I don't want this to be good-bye forever I just think we both need time and space to see what else is out there and be sure that this is what we want. I'm not wanting to go around and hook up with other people... I'm just at a point where I'm unsure if I can commit the rest of my life to this one person when neither of us have had much dating experience. My whole family has gotten married way too young and it scares me. Don't get me wrong, I can see myself marrying him but is it too soon to know? I hope this all makes sense.

He really is a big catch, and if he moves on then that's life but after he's finished med school and I've figured out what I want in life do you think that there would ever be a chance for us if we shared a real connection?

Most Helpful Girl

• only time will tell..it could go either way.Just move on for now and see where life takes u,You may figure out that although he is a great catch , maybe you are not meant to be for each other.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• If you truly love him or he truly loves you then you guys will be able to reconnect after he is out of school.

• I wouldn't bet on it. You could meet someone else or he could. Life happens.