Online dating would you do it? Why? If you had tried what are your experience?

In this days seems pretty normal the social networks but what are your opinion on dating online. I recently tried but worked for a short time.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have done it. Main key point to make, have a social life and don't take it seriously, but be serious about meeting. A lot of social dysfunction men and women are on it. Keep it short and simple and meet them in person ASAP! Don't spend time emailing back and forth. Just collect phone numbers and fit them as quick meets into your schedule. Do not commit to a long term date on the first date! This sounds like "serial dating" but I am only talking about meeting people for first dates until you find one you like(unless you want to date multiple people).

A lot of girls like to endlessly email, do not fall into this trap because you end up with a fictional image of what this person is like all based on your hopes of who you think she is. A lot of guys are shorter and fatter than their photos and a lot of girls deliberately take misleading photos hiding their weight. The pretty girls tend to have unrealistic expectations and a big ego from their inbox being so full. Ignore all profiles with "shopping lists" at the end. So good luck trying to meet those.

Keep first dates short and simple until you can say "Yea... she would be nice for a real date." You don't know the person yet regardless of how many emails and texts you have exchanged.

What Girls Said 12

• I did it out of pure curiosity and okay I needed an ego boost. It was fun to browse & fill everything out, but then it seemed kind of hokey. Plus, it's pretty easy to lie on those things-you never really know who you're talking too. But I got suuuuuuuuuuuuper lucky and before I deleted it, I met the most incredible guy ever online. We're going on 4 months, but never been better. :) So ya never know, could be worth a shot. Just be open minded.

• I think many people try online dating because they think it's easier than but it's actually harder because you are less likely to find a faithful person on a dating site. I tried it two or three times since the age of 20 and I met a couple of good people but never progressed any further than a second or third date. I plan on giving it a try until I find another way to meet guys since I don't have a wide social circle.

• I've tried it and have met several people as a result. But I miss the "I think he likes me" and giddiness that comes when you naturally meet someone. With online dating, you know the guy is attracted to you and you jump straight into date mode. There are some positives and there are some negatives.

• Thought about it once but I met someone offline. I think I'd to it though. It still has a certain stigma to it and I'm not sure what kind of people you'de find, but it doesn't hurt to look

• I wouldn't try online dating. It works great for people who really want a relationship and whatnot, but I generally prefer to wait and see what comes to me naturally.

• I would probably try it but it would not be my first way of meeting someone.

• Yeah I've done it and met some pretty cool guys off it

• and I know many couples that have been together for years from it (my age and older)

• I don't know if I would do it or not, I am married now, so if I was single well probably not.

• i don't need to :)

• Nope not keen

• I met a man online once, it was on a regular website. Not on a dating site. We started talking like friends and few months later we realized we wanted to be together. We have yet to meet in person. We do talk about getting married someday...

Why we haven't met in person yet? We are both broke

• I would do it

What Guys Said 2

• I might try it eventually. I would guess it could be harder to get their initial attention because all they have to judge you by is your picture and some sentences you write about yourself for the most part. Because of that I bet rejection is pretty high for guys.

• I got rejections too :)

• Idk I haven't tried it, but I hear women get approached more.

• Internet doesn't work for me but real life is more positive. I don't know why though

• I don't think I would ever try online dating sites and all that. I already have a difficult time trusting people who I can see never mind someone who could be feeding me anything over the internet.