Guy blew me off, reschedules for Sunday - should I blow him off?

I have been seeing a "friend" for seven months. We started out as friends with benefits only sleeping together ever 2-3 weeks. Since I broke up with my ex a few weeks ago, my "friend" and I have been seeing each other more frequently. His friends label me as his girlfriend and it seems things are getting more serious than FWB.

On Monday we had plans but had a state-wide weather emergency. He claims he called while my phone was off but never left a message or text. I didn't text him or ask what happened. He text me the following day and apologized and said we could reschedule for this Sunday. I said I would phone to confirm.

Part of me wants to blow him off because I don't believe his story about earlier this week, "didn't feel well" and "couldn't get out of the driveway". Should I blow him off and give him a taste of his games?

Most Helpful Girl

• Blow him off without being obvious of blowing him off. Go have a fun weekend somewhere with some other friends. Before doing that call him before hand and give him the lame excuse that you promised your friends to hang out with them that weekend months ago and that you had forgotten about it. Do it nonchalantly and happy like you are really looking forward to that fun weekend. That will keep his mind turning wondering what could be more fun than hanging out and having sex with him. At the same time he can't be totally sure whether or not he is being blown off and then he will text you and call you while you are having a heck of a fun time with your friends.

What Guys Said 3

• It's really up to how much punctuality is a big deal to you. Some people wouldn't be phased by it but others would feel really annoyed by it. I do think he gave you a BS excuse but he did apologize. Go with what you feel is right.

• No.

• No, if I blew off a girl back for every time she had to reschedule, I would of missed out on a lot of good times.

What Girls Said 2

• If your phone was off then it would have went straight to voicemail, and he more than likely would have left a voicemail. IF HE CALLED. If you guys had a date already scheduled and for him to blow you off without a prior text or voicemail, that shows disrespect for your time. I don't know about you but my time is valuable so I would not be listening to the people who tell you to get over it because it's not a big deal. If you overlook this in the beginning you will see more and worse behavior from him. Texting you AFTER the scheduled time is not good. I would make other plans this weekend and let him know in a nice way that my time is important, I don't like being blown off and just like you have things to do so I do. And go do them. Maybe next weekend yall can get together but I wouldn't make this guy a big deal.

• I would look at his past behavior. Is this the fist time he has "blown you off" or one of many. If one of many then yes I wouldn't go out with him. But if one a rare occurence I would give him the benefit of the doubt.