Would you be okay if your boy/girlfriend kissed someone else in a play?

A lot of people in my last question said it wasn't cheating.

So now would you be okay with it if it was your partner?

This is just a follow up to my last question just general debate :)

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends on how long we've been in a relationship for
  • See results
It's funny more guys would have a problem then girls would

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmmm... in a play? if they were occasionally in a play, I probably wouldn't have an issue with it. But if it was a long make out session; or if it was super romantic, or if it was an "all the time" thing; like a professional actress, I'd probably feel a bit more awkward about it.

Generally speaking, high profile celebs in relationships (where both people are in acting) don't tend to last very long. Whether that's because of genuine cheating, perceived cheating, rumor, the long distance/long hours/emotional draining, who knows?

But if my girlfriend or wife was in a play, and she did it once in a while, and a little peck on the cheek or lips (and they weren't secretive or having really long "rehearsals" at all hours of the night or something suspicious), then I don't think the jealousy would be an issue (ok, unless I had reason to worry).

What Guys Said 12

• Of course! It's just a kiss...in a PLAY!

I learned the hard way that relationships have no room for jealousy. It's a relationship of three and that doesn't work. Jealousy is nothing but a wasted emotion. It does nothing for you but tear you up inside and push the other person away. Direct the energy somewhere else, somewhere productive not destructive.

• Please note this is only an opinion.

If the actor/actress playing the role that you have to kiss happens to be your significant other, then you are very lucky. I have been in several productions where I've had to kiss someone that I definitely did not want to kiss. If my partner was the one I had to kiss, I would be ecstatic. Being comfortable kissing the person you have to kiss helps exponentially when trying to put on a production, so yes, I would be more than happy if I was required to kiss my partner.

Thanks for reading my answer.

• I just realized that I completely misunderstood the question. Please forgive me and allow me to answer correctly.

If my significant other were to have to kiss someone else in a play, I would undoubtedly feel uncomfortable. But you have to remember that it is a requirement for the production. Since it has to take place for the show to go on, I would settle for it.

p.s. - If this happened, I would make up for it with 2x the kisses later.

• OK as an example, if the girl I am currently in love with had to kiss an actor during a play I wouldn't mind one bit.

There might be the side of me wishing I was kissing her instead, but relationships are founded on trust so in this instance and since I trust my love I wouldn't mind.

• It's part of the job/hobby...IMO objecting to a required kissing scene is changing my partner because I'm asking her to augment one of her passions.

• I wouldn't be happy with it. Let's hope that they're not getting too into the role.

As for the belief that guys would have more of an issue than girls, that's a lie, guys are just more honest about it.

The treatment that the guy would get after that would be far worse. Endless questions, moods etc at least guys admit that it would bug them.

• I made the statement on the poll don't worry I understand about social desirability bias ^.^

• It depends on how much of a kiss, if it was a small peck I guess that's OK but if it was an intimate making out thing then no, that would be too far.

• Sure I wouldn't be thrilled about it but I mean I would be OK with it.

• I wouldn't like it but it's just acting it's part of the play but as long as she doesn't get any funny ideas and stays away from the kissing play guy.

• Not possible.

• Well I wouldn't like it, but if she had to I would be okay with it I guess

• I would not mind if it's for the arts

• I would never like it... not much I can do about it. It would really anger me if the kissing went on for more than what was neccsary. Like the guy took the advantage of the moment and kissed to enjoy it. Then I would bash the guys teeth. If she reciprocated it... then I would think about break up with her... its not as crazy as cheating but it messes with my feelings in a way that is impossible to go back to.

What Girls Said 14

• Did he tell you before or did he just do it? If he talked to me about it and told me what was up I'd be fine with it. I trust my boyfriend and I know he's trying to get with anyone else so he could do it.

• C. If we've been together long enough for me to be able to trust him, and if he doesn't act like it's something to hide, then I'd be okay with it. If we'd just started going out then I'd still be in that place where I'm still figuring him out, then the kissing would bother me.

• If I was dating an actor, I think it would be really stupid of me to expect him/her not to kiss for a play.

I wouldn't be happy about my partner kissing other people of course, but it's just acting.

• If I'm in love I wouldn't be OK , but I'll keep it to myself because it's a game.

If not in love I don't give a single fuck.

A guy at party had to kiss me, but he refused. His girlfriend was on his laps insisting for him to kiss me (she even slapped him^^), still, he did'nt do it. Now, that's a MAN!

• Yeah I would be OK with it. It might bother me but in the end I would support them. I know how passionate people are about acting

• I would be okay, since it was a play. As long as there isn't some hidden relationship/romance/fling going on that I don't know of then, it's fine. There should be trust in the relationship.

• hmmmm, I would feel uncomfortable tbh but since it is a play , I would be okay.

i would not watch the play though because I know I would still feel comfortable

• No. If he was spending a lot of time with her (not for the play) ro something, then I'd get suspicious. But just kissing her in a play then no.

• tbh I'd get jealous and uncomfortable but I would still support him

• yes, I would be fine with it.

• No of course!

• Of course Never!

• It would depend on the level of trust in the relationship.

• I wouldn't be happy with it, but it's just acting