Why do guys take so long to text back?

Like seriously most guys I text take over 30mins to text back like this one guy I'm talking to..

ME:hey

GUY:wasup?

ME: Nothing much what you doing?

GUY: Nothing just sitting here, how'd ure day go?

ME: good thankyou & ures?

45 min later...

GUY: good

Does this mean that he's not really interested cause when I texted him he didn't seem so busy...i think guys do this purposley...any opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a code for all guys to wait lol. Naw but seriously he was probably just doing something like playing video games. Or be was so concerned that he might message you something stupid that it took him 45 minutes for him to figure to edit his message into one word.for me personally I don't find messaging very interesting kinda hard to interpret emotions behind words let alone have a meaningful conversation

What Guys Said 2

• Guys have it more difficult. As a girl you can write whatever you want and the guy will be happy he got your precious time. But as a guy, your text has to be witty but also show he's able to think deeply, but not too serious as he might come off as boring. He has to be a little bit cocky, so the girl won't friend zone him, but on the same time not too cocky, as it might scare her away. And there are a lot of things to consider. And all this just takes time.

• Some dating advice for guys suggests waiting so as to not appear to needy. It's the equivalent of playing hard to get. That or the dudes just busy.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe he got bored with your conversation because you're not really engaging him in conversation. Perhaps you should tell him something funny to see if he'll respond faster.

Or it could be he's trying not to appear too desperate.

• They are weired