Would you ever date a vegan/vegetarian?

I recently read an article that gave a statistic: 70% of people who eat meat say that they would never date a vegetarian. If this is true, then that is a scary and perplexing thought. Why would someone not want to date anyone who had a different diet than him or her? Is it because vegetarians can come across as being pushy? Thanks for any and all clarification!(:

Most Helpful Guy

• I have dated a few vegetarians, never dated a vegan... doesn't really bother me so long as they don't preach about it. I mean I love animals, but being vegetarian/vegan doesn't save them and humans aren't meant to be herbivores. Best I'd do is eat organic food and eat free range food...

What Guys Said 6

• I would date a vegetarian as long as she doesn't expect me to become one too. A lot of people might be worried about being expected to change their diet and possible future arguments dealing with the diets of the children.

• I would date a vegetarian, but if she started pushing a meat free life on me, I'd be out the door so fast!

Vegans are a bit too out there for me.

• As long as she dident force or preach about it like others said, id date her.

• Yes I would.

• No I probably would not date anyone who's a veg cause I like meat and would not want to feel crappy eating a big portion of steak or a doublecheeseburger and she's eating all vegetables/nothing filling

• I don't let people tell me what to eat but, If she's not that kind of vegetarian I bet she could make a great girl friend

What Girls Said 8

• It would depend on the person. I wouldn't date someone who would demonize me for eating meat or try to push that view on me. However, if they just simply kept their diet to themselves and didn't expect me to conform to their diet, then I would date them, no problem.

• Wow, I've never heard that before. That's a little bit silly, can't people respect each others' differences? I'm a vegan and I would date someone who ate meat, because I realize that not everyone has the same views on the food industry as I do, and that's fine. People can make their own choices, and I don't judge people based on that.

• I hate to relate something so minor to something so major but it's sort of like religion. Christians or people of religion would sometimes not prefer to date atheists and vice versa because they don't want their partner to push them to change. I would date a vegan/vegetarian no problem.

• it can have a great impact on your relationship with your partner. For example, I know a couple with the wife being a vegetarian and the husband being a meat eater finally got divorced after their 4 years marriage. In fact it is undeniable that their huge difference in diet/ lifestyle/belief do contribute to their separation and unhappy ending..

• I totally would. I eat vegetarian food once in a while and wouldn't mind someone motivating me to eat less meat.

• Unfortunately I am apart of that statistic.

To be honest no I wouldn't date one because I love meat and grew up around it(chicken,beef,fish you name it) and it would be odd for me personally. I have nothing against vegetarians though because I have plenty of friends who are.

• Being one myself the answer is yes, absolutely.

• yup I would