Does he like me more than a friend- flirty over text but not as much in person?

So I'm not sure that we are just friends or if we are moving into being more than that. I would like it to be more than that because I feel like we get along really well- share the same hobbies, don't run out of things to talk about, etc. We haven't known each other very long, but we text every day. He comes to see me at work and we do have some serious personal conversations. Over text, we talk pretty flirtatiously. For example: he said he was cold and wished he had someone to cuddle with. I said I wished I could come and cuddle with him and he responded "that's sweet of you." He calls me "dear" and "sweetie" over text but not in person. We went on a date (I think...thus this question :) ) walking around and then to a movie. He smiled at me a lot and laughed at my jokes. He didn't hold my hand during the date or really touch me (even though I wanted him to) until we got in the car. I gave him a ride home since he doesn't have a car. On the ride to his house, he started tickling me. We sat in front of his house for like 10 minutes talking and then he kissed my cheek and gave me a pretty long hug. Then he texted me some 20 minutes later to see if I had gotten home safely and he said he had a great time. We texted for another three hours or so and he again started flirting over text. So I'm confused because he will flirt with me and call me those names over text but not in person. Was he trying to be polite and not forward on the first "date" or are we just friends? Should I try to make a move the next time we meet? I don't want to be the "aggressive" girl. Thanks for any advice.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• It's harder for him to say it in person because he is anxious. I think he likes you though, it really sounds like it to me. When I was first starting to date I would be really flirty over text but in person I was not because I was really nervous.