Why are dating "rules" the same among different races and cultures?

All races and cultures are made up of different faiths, methods of cooking, clothing, celebrations, art, etc. We have been taught and told by society and the media that we are different from each other but when it comes to dating, all of a sudden we are all the "same". Women of every race on this planet expect guys to make the first move, pay for the dates , etc . which I found to be kind of weird that dating "rules" would be the same in evey race and culture.

Most Helpful Girl

• Where is your evidence that this is true? In Europe and Australia, they don't even have "dates" the way that we do. And in many middle eastern cultures, there is no dating, and marriages are arranged. So I'm not sure where all of this is from.

• Still the guy makes the first move regardless.

• Ok so this was a rant post.

• Rant about what? What is this rant accusation that keeps popping up?

What Girls Said 5

• Because we are all human and equal and the "differences" between races are illusions. Race is a social construct.

• I think you need to get out more instead of ranting on the Internet. That girl at the bottom is right. Middle eastern people don't even date.

• Because we are all people? Race has nothing to do with it.

• Yeah we're all people, but we don't call culture just people culture do we?

• Think about it, would you really want the women to take the lead.. I mean most men pay for the mealsat times cause tthey are gentel men and they appreciate what a women is capable of making them feel.. with taking on the males role, the femininity of a women gets lost. Her gentel touch gets lost her loving kindness gets lost in the relationship.. its good to switch things around..but the initial court ships from a man its a must.. there's nothing wrong with roles so to speak in a relationship. Its been that way from the beginning of time.

• Is this just another rant question for men to get out of paying on first dates?...

• No not at all. I just don't understand with all of these different cultures, races, etc. how dating "rules" can be the same.

What Guys Said 0