Why do guys just stop texting mid-conversation?

Every time I start texting him, he's perfectly happy to talk, flirts, and all that, but he only replies a few times before he just disappears. I usually have to initiate too. It's not a question of interest, because we have plans to go out when the semester starts and we're back from break (we're in college) but in the meantime, it'd be nice to talk for more than four replies. I don't text him every day, so I wouldn't say I'm being obnoxious, and I usually give him something to reply to (if I just send a smiley face or something, I know he's not going to reply, but that's understandable). Why does he do this? Do other guys do that too? Is there a way I can make him keep texting longer? Doesn't have to be all day every day, just enough to have a full conversation.

Most Helpful Guy

• And maybe they just get lazy

What Guys Said 5

• He's got a life and probably doesn't want to spend it staring at a tiny screen all day. Don't get offended by it

• Not that interested I would say

• I personally get aggravated with long texts mostly when I'm busy. Just call if its gonna be a long conversation. Texts tend to drag on too.

• Possibly because they're busy, texting other people?

• Either he:

- gets lazy or bored or annoyed

- is playing mind games with you

- falls asleep

- tries not to lead you on by not replying to every text

- tries not to seem to eager

- has other plans and attends to those all the while forgetting to reply to you

What Girls Said 0