Have you ever dated someone you were embarrassed about?

I have always had guys drool over me, but for some reason I think this new guy I am dating is kind of embarrassed around me. I don't feel like this all the time, but I noticed he's only affectionate once in a while. He holds my hand, and sometimes he puts his arm around me and what not, but he doesn't kiss me much in public. Once in a while he'll give me a peck. The other day he took me out to dinner and to see a show, but then we went to 711 after and I went to give him a kiss and he turned and gave me his cheek. I'm so confused. lol.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, but usually after we dated lol.

It sounds like he probably just doesn't feel comfortable with PDA, not that he is embarrassed of you.

What Guys Said 6

• as others have said, maybe he doesn't like PDA

As for for your question, sadly I have. And I don't mean "sadly" in I was desperate or I didn't respect the girls kind of way. "Sadly" in the sense, looking back at it, I shouldn't have been embarrassed. I was foolish and insecure. That's the sad part.

• maybe he just doesn't like PDA...

• he may just be embarrassed about PDA.

• some people don't believe in public displays of affection, I'm sorta the same I mean id just give you the kiss but id save the affection for when were alone

• Maybe when he was single he hated PDA and for that reason he doesn't want to do anything in public remembering his own feelings.

• I have never dated someone I was embarrassed about, but eventually I did grow embarrassed of my ex wife. I think she enjoyed embarrassing me.

What Girls Said 7

• I have once before, but he didn't really care we both decide to keep it on the DL... Yeah you could say we were both embarrassed of each other, but I was thinking more privacy and not having our friends be apart of our relationship,

Anyway like someone mentioned he may not be into showing PDA... Why you ask? I have no clue, but if that's the case he's not the only person, neither do I.

There's also a slim to none chance like this song states ( link ) he might have another girlfriend or wants to look available. The less affection he shows the more available he looks. But, lets hope that this isn't the situation.

Oh, and if Embarrassment is his reason for NOT showing PDA... It's time for you to get a new bf

• my ex was the same.He would never kiss me in public.He would just hold hands but not much.Haha nothing more than that.He was kinda shy in public so yea .I don't think its like he is embarassed because of you.Its just that he doesn't like PDA

• Yes I tried to date this guy because he was so kind and fun but he was "fru fru" hipster and I was just absolutely not feeling it. I had to break up with the poor guy after two weeks.

• no. I would never, ever date someone I'd be embarrassed to introduce my parents to.

• No, I'm not embarrassed of my boyfriend.

• Yes.

• No