Divorced dad texts daughter a lot?

Is it weird that my boyfriend who has a 9 year old daughter constantly texts her when she is with her mother? When I text someone he is asking me who I'm texting. Where as I don't ask him who he is texting.. But is it weird that he texts her all the time? (They quote movies by text)?

Most Helpful Girl

• From what you've said I'm assuming that he doesn't see her often, he just wants to keep in touch with his daughter who in all truths may just be his number one girl, he's more then likely just trying to be the best dad that he can be with having little to no face to face interaction. More then likely he also wants to have a good relationship with her not a lot of dad's do that. Instead of being jealous of his relationship with his daughter be glad that he's showing signs of being a good dad which makes for better husband and father. So if you're with him long enough to be married, be happy because your children will be lucky to have a good father taking after them.

• It's just all the time. When we are having a romantic moment he stops and he goes I have to call my daughter. I mean can't you pick another time not when we are in the middle of having a moment

What Guys Said 3

• What's wrong with a father keeping in touch with his daughter often?

• no

• i... don't get it

What Girls Said 3

• He's texting his daughter...no it's not weird.

• I have a hunch you are maybe worried that he is talking to the girls mother (his ex) instead of the daughter and that is why you are worried?

• It's just all the time. When we are out.. Having a romantic moment (he will stop and say he has to call his daughter)... It's constantly and there is no our time

• so again are you worried or suspect it is the mom and not the daughter?

assuming it is the daughter and he does it every time you guys have an intimate moment, perhaps he is trying to distance himself and making an excuse to call her instead of being intimate with you. Maybe he is afraid of something, I do not know what. But it sounds like that is when it is happening. Have you tried talking to him about it and asking him in a non defensive way why he calls her when you have an intimate moment

• Not yet but I will. I have no problem with him texting and calling his daughter. Though my issue is when he questions who I text and I never use my phone around him. But him he is on his phone texting all the time with his daughter. During dinner or just our alone time. He hasn't told the kid he is dating and it's making me wonder if I should continue.

• you are seriously worried about him texting a child? now that is fucking sick!